Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT: VeraCrypt

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm just encrypting my USB drive with said software, anyone have it, is it good?

Also, for those that don't encrypt their portable drives, it is probably a good idea to do so. This is a free app.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I'm just encrypting my USB drive with said software, anyone have it, is it good?

Also, for those that don't encrypt their portable drives, it is probably a good idea to do so. This is a free app.

Yes, it is - but as you have already started encrypting, both the question and the answer are a little late :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what do you have that needs to be encrypted? would you be OK if you lost or forgot the encryption passphrase? i'm more likley to do that latter than lose or have my USB drvice stolen.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
what do you have that needs to be encrypted? would you be OK if you lost or forgot the encryption passphrase? i'm more likley to do that latter than lose or have my USB drvice stolen.

Passwords, bank details, priceless (to me) pictures, etc., etc. We all have stuff we don't want hijacked don't we?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One thing I will say, if you do install VeraCrypt, when you get to the bit where it may ask to format the drive, make sure you put NTFS in the format mode, I did it in FAT (default choice) first of all and it takes like 10 hours to encrypt! hence I am redoing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here