Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Carragher and Sky Sports coverage

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Now, I'm not normally one for great bouts of paranoia or getting in a stew about perceived slights towards my beloved Albion. But did anyone else feel that Mr Carragher was just a tinsy-winsy bit biased against us? I'd have loved us to have won if only to see the smug, self righteous smile wiped off his face.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought he was quite complementary

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he was gagging for Bournemouth to win and get their season back on track.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I thought both pundits last night had at least done some research on Albion, and talked some sense, with some good tactical insights on the match. We are on the radar.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I thought he was gagging for Bournemouth to win and get their season back on track.

That was the script/desire.
They like it to be upbeat. Another Bmuff defeat, a silent crowd and a tight-lipped Eddie, would not have gone down well ( apart from with us, of course )

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That was the script/desire.
They like it to be upbeat. Another Bmuff defeat, a silent crowd and a tight-lipped Eddie, would not have gone down well ( apart from with us, of course )
This. I ended up turning the sound off. The preferred script for Sky was all about Eddie and Bmuff kickstarting their season against relegation candidates Brighton. Not good for us and unfortunately they got what they wanted.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I thought the coverage was good. Only negative was Carragher repeating the same thing about 10 times in quick succession

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
This. I ended up turning the sound off. The preferred script for Sky was all about Eddie and Bmuff kickstarting their season against relegation candidates Brighton. Not good for us and unfortunately they got what they wanted.

I agree. The entire storyline they created was centred around Bournemouth. Hardly anything about us coming up and seeing if we could extend our run. Very frustrating.

Then again, we do live in the era where losing the first four games causes people to have apocalyptic meltdowns, a la Palace. People forget Bournemouth almost pushed City to a brilliant point, played Arsenal and in-form Watford. I suppose it was to be expected that that storyline would be all Sky would fixate on.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I actually quite like Carragher and Neville. Carragher is not the best as a pundit as his communication can let him down but he does have a sense of humour and tactically he's superb. Neville is class.

Their coverage was far superior to BT's IMO.

I had to turn off at the end of the game mind you as I couldn't bear to hear them waxing lyrical about Defoe and Smug Eddie's substitution.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Couldn't understand a word he said.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

home team syndrome ? Perhaps it will be in our favour next Sunday ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Didn't have a problem with content...just struggle to put up with his voice (sorry)...looking forward to the day when we can choose our own pundit :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here