miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Video of the goals.

[video]https://streamable.com/61kba[/video]

Of all players to leave unmarked for their 2nd goal. :facepalm:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
That's what no amount of planning and organisation can defend against. Individual trickery for the first, speed of the first time strike for the second. It's the premier league in a nutshell

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What a couple shit goals to concede.

Yep error upon error. Duffy's rushed clearance, then diving in for the first, shocking closing down by Knocky and Hemed, Dunk ball watches leaving Defoe completely free for the 2nd. We got away with some poor unforced errors in the first half, but punished in the 2nd in a period of the game when we actually looked to be sucking away their belief. CH will no doubt be livid with the way we've conceded those goals.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Looks like Defoe was Suttner's man from the corner. Defoe lurked behind the defence and when he got back onside, Suttner was caught between picking up Defoe or the man to his right who would have been the spare man as Gros was off the pitch

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Looks like Defoe was Suttner's man from the corner. Defoe lurked behind the defence and when he got back onside, Suttner was caught between picking up Defoe or the man to his right who would have been the spare man as Gros was off the pitch

Dunk should have picked up Defoe and known he was off his left shoulder. After Knocky and Hemed make a complete hash of closing down, Dunk has to leave further closing down to others but he ball watches, so 3 errors at least in my book lead to Defoe with a tap in by his standards.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
How many opportunities did we have to launch a tackle for the first goal...we seemed to be content to admire the ball skills on offer......maddening

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Dunk should have picked up Defoe and known he was off his left shoulder. After Knocky and Hemed make a complete hash of closing down, Dunk has to leave further closing down to others but he ball watches, so 3 errors at least in my book lead to Defoe with a tap in by his standards.

I'm not sure I blame Dunk. Defoe was behind him the whole time and was suttners man at the corner. There is a breakdown in communication somewhere though. Looks like Dunky needed a call to know Defoe was there and Suttner had two men. Dunk had a great game last night but maybe he tries to do too much sometimes

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not sure I blame Dunk. Defoe was behind him the whole time and was suttners man at the corner. There is a breakdown in communication somewhere though. Looks like Dunky needed a call to know Defoe was there and Suttner had two men. Dunk had a great game last night but maybe he tries to do too much sometimes

He's not solely to blame, but it was error after error by various players for both goals, in which Dunk can share some responsibility in both. Not sure you can say he needs a call, he has to be aware of where the striker is in that situation, he ends up with 3 Albion players rather than holding his position - had he done that, Defoe doesn't score. He did have a v good game, but he's a centre half and he was culpable to some degree in both their goals (not as much as others though...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here