Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings: Bournemouth (A)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Good performance, wrong result.

Ryan 6 - Not much to do other than pick the ball out the net twice.
Dunk 8 - Absolutely immense all round, couple of brilliant tackles and blocks in particular.
Duffy 6 - A feign gone wrong (his second this season) and a wayward pass accross goal in the first half, could have been punished. Uncompromising in the air as usual.
Rosenior 5 - Love this bloke but I can't remember the last good game he had for us, may even have even been Reading (A) which doesn't bode well. Him and Knocky just wasn't working.
Suttner 6 - Some dangerous play down the left with Solly, still unconvinced defensively.
Stephens 8(MotM) - Bossed it, almost scored and some positive forward play which was needed as his partner wasn't on song.
Propper 6 - Mixed bag, hasn't quite clicked yet but quality is there. Hoping not to say that many more times.
Knockaert 6 - Not his game, and linkup with Rosenior was generally poor. Looked dangerous at times in first half but faded into insignificance in second.
March 8 - Constant menace down the left and a good goal. Probably our most consistent performer this season along with Dunk.
Gross 7 - Very gifted player and delivery awesome. The two corners he took in the second half were carbon copies of each other and we looked like scoring from both.
Hemed 7 - Worked hard, held it up well at times but his lack of pace really does invite teams to play a high line.

Izquierdo 6 - Chased down a lost cause and almost reached it, about all as he never received it.
Murray 5 - Nothing of note.

Can't help but feel hard done by, we were playing some great stuff at times and looked the better side all round. The fact they didn't kick the ball out of play for 2-3 mins until a corner was won that they eventually scored from, when he was clearly and obviously hurt and thus off the pitch in the build up to the goal, was a ****ing disgrace and one that I hope is remembered. Though I doubt it will be as that's not the way CH goes about his business.

Their ball boys were their best performers, ours are clearly not PL ready by comparison when you consider they were naively handing the ball back to West Brom at 3-1 last weekend while our players were having to fetch the ball from the stands and put it down for Bournemouth tonight.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Rosenior 5 - Love this bloke but I can't remember the last good game he had for us, may even have even been Reading (A) which doesn't bode well. Him and Knocky just wasn't working.

Knockaert 6 - Not his game, and linkup with Rosenior was generally poor. Looked dangerous at times in first half but faded into insignificance in second..

This was the largest impression that I came away with. Which probably just shows how good Bruno is.

Far too often in the first half Knockaert seemed to be out of position defensively or not tracking their wide player back. Rosenior was often closer to the centre leaving a large hole out wide.

No doubt we all noticed the bollocking that Knockaert got in the first half from Rosenior for one lapse, which Stephens then continued, but for whatever reason didn't seem to have the desired effect.

In rating Knockaert I would say defensively a generous 4 and going forward 6

Better teams with players with far wider vision than the Bournemouth players, would have fully exploited the weakness between Rosenior and Knockaert.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
From the TV:

Ryan 6 - Absolutely nothing to do. Couldn't do anything about either goal.
Rosenior 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 8
Suttner 6
Knockaert 6
Propper 7
Stephens 9 MOTM
March 8
Groß 7.5
Hemed 6.5

Murray 5 - one half of the most ineffective double substitution and the close up of him not even bothering to challenge for a header, shameful.
Izquierdo 5 - The other half of the most ineffective double substitution

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan - 6 - no chance with the goals
Dunk - 9 - has become the complete modern centre half. Wins challenges, makes blocks, pings 60 yard passes. Sublime. He was EVERYWHERE
Duffy - 6 - looks a threat going forwards and wins everything in the air, but is he good enough on the ball at this level. Uwe might be a better bet at times this season
Rosenior - 6 - great first half, but tired. Their intensity wore him down
Suttner - 6 - jury is still out. Ibe's back heel did him for the first. Thought he might have tucked in and been closer to Defoe for their second but the spare man left him in no mans land.
Stephens - 8 - his best performance of the season by a country mile. When he plays well he has an arrogance about him
Propper - 7 - very unlucky not to score. I'd like to see him support the attack more
Knockaert - 6 - started well, faded. He did look slightly afraid to take on his man, which is what his game is all about
March - 7 - so comfortable at this level!
Gross - 7 - seems to fade in and out of games. Another assist
Hemed - 6 - soooooo isolated

Subs - 5 - changed nothing
CH - 6 - stop inviting teams onto us when we're on top! Show some belief!

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan 7 (no chance with either goal)
Suttner 6
Dunk 6 (dived in for the 1st, ball watching for the 2nd)
Duffy 4 (error prone all game)
Rosenior 4
Knocky 5 (terrible defensive work for the 2nd)
Stephens 8 (our motm)
Propper 6 (couldn't really influence)
March 7.5 (goal and our danger man)
Gross 6 (assist but couldn't knit anything else)
Hemed 5 (not his best day, also poor closing down with Knocky)

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

Dunk 8 - Absolutely immense all round, couple of brilliant tackles and blocks in particular.
Duffy 6 - A feign gone wrong (his second this season) and a wayward pass accross goal in the first half, could have been punished. Uncompromising in the air as usual.
Suttner 6 - Some dangerous play down the left with Solly, still unconvinced defensively.
Stephens 8(MotM) - Bossed it, almost scored and some positive forward play which was needed as his partner wasn't on song.
Propper 6 - Mixed bag, hasn't quite clicked yet but quality is there. Hoping not to say that many more times.
Knockaert 6 - Not his game, and linkup with Rosenior was generally poor. Looked dangerous at times in first half but faded into insignificance in second.
March 8 - Constant menace down the left and a good goal. Probably our most consistent performer this season along with Dunk.
Gross 7 - Very gifted player and delivery awesome. The two corners he took in the second half were carbon copies of each other and we looked like scoring from both.
Hemed 7 - Worked hard, held it up well at times but his lack of pace really does invite teams to play a high line.

Izquierdo 6 - Chased down a lost cause and almost reached it, about all as he never received it.

Can't help but feel hard done by, we were playing some great stuff at times and looked the better side all round. The fact they didn't kick the ball out of play for 2-3 mins until a corner was won that they eventually scored from, when he was clearly and obviously hurt and thus off the pitch in the build up to the goal, was a ****ing disgrace and one that I hope is remembered. Though I doubt it will be as that's not the way CH goes about his business.

Their ball boys were their best performers, ours are clearly not PL ready by comparison when you consider they were naively handing the ball back to West Brom at 3-1 last weekend while our players were having to fetch the ball from the stands and put it down for Bournemouth tonight.

Saves me typing - all this spot on for me.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Pretty much this, although if 6 is average, Hemed was a 6 IMO.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

I'm not sure izquierdo touched the ball, so Glenn will be pretty mortified to rate less !
But apart from being generous on hemed , good ratings . Although I was watching at work on a tiny box in the corner of my screen with the volume down

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 6
Rosenoir 5
Suttner 6
Dunk 8
Duffy 6
Knockaert 5 poor defensively
Propper 7
Stephens 8
March 7
Gross 6
Hemed 7

Murray 6 won a couple of headers
Izquierdo 5 harsh, but did he touch the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
6 - average

Ryan 6
Rosenoir 5
Suttner 6
Dunk 8
Duffy 6
Knockaert 5 poor defensively
Propper 7
Stephens 8
March 7
Gross 6
Hemed 7

Murray 6 won a couple of headers
Izquierdo 5 harsh, but did he touch the ball

I've got similar scores but thought Dunk had involvement in both their goals. Not completely culpable himself as errors had already been made, but diving in and ball watching marks him down for me, no matter how good he was for the rest.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've got similar scores but thought Dunk had involvement in both their goals. Not completely culpable himself as errors had already been made, but diving in and ball watching marks him down for me.

Just felt the first was down to the shocking cross field pass by Rosenoir, but Dunk basically got fooled into diving in.

The second having literally just watched it, he did chase the ball, which previously was his weakness, but as I thought at the time the challenge by Solly was a bit pathetic.....

I probably was a little generous with Dunk, but felt he was everywhere at times.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ryan 6
Suttner 5
Duffy 6
Dunk 8
Rosenior 4
Knockaert 5
Propper 6
Stephens 7
March 7
Gross 7
Hemed 5
Subs not rated, not enough time, as usual.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Ryan 7 . No chance with the goals
Rosenoir 5 . Looks a bit shaky
Suttner 6 . Average again
Dunk 8 . The rock at the back
Duffy 6 . Strangely off colour, bad passing & too casual
Knockaert 5 Stop posing in the multi coloured boots & playing with your hair.
Propper 6 . Another average turn
Stephens 8 . Back to the player we like to see, MOTM
March 7 . Industrious as usual, goal was a bonus
Gross 6 . Back to average in midfield after the WBA star showing
Hemed 6 . Too predictable and slow at this level

Subs . Not worth assessing

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ryan didn't move for either goal, and generally haven't been impressed by him so far.

Give Defoe that opportunity and it's game over . Ryan had zero chance

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here