Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not upset with the result...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If we had scored those two goals we'd have been pretty damned happy with the cute passes into goal.

I just have a couple of bad itches. Now please, I am not bedwetting, JCL'ing or anything else. I'm not happy with tonight's result, like all us lot but take it on the chin, 30+ games to improve, and I think we are by the game.

But, two players just don't seem to be up to standard. One is Hemed, although that isn't his fault, we couldn't get anyone better in the summer and he is trying his hardest. And to be fair to the lad he did score a pearler last week, but over a season? Nah

The other is Suttner, I'm absolutely not sure what his input is? Both their goals scored down his side, March spends more time defending than attacking, I just don't know what to make of this lad, other than we probably bought him past his prime.

There was also a close up of Murray not bothering with a high ball and I thought 'old Murray is back'.

Anyway I thought we played well enough for at least one point.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we had scored those two goals we'd have been pretty damned happy with the cute passes into goal.

I just have a couple of bad itches. Now please, I am not bedwetting, JCL'ing or anything else. I'm not happy with tonight's result, like all us lot but take it on the chin, 30+ games to improve, and I think we are by the game.

But, two players just don't seem to be up to standard. One is Hemed, although that isn't his fault, we couldn't get anyone better in the summer and he is trying his hardest. And to be fair to the lad he did score a pearler last week, but over a season? Nah

The other is Suttner, I'm absolutely not sure what his input is? Both their goals scored down his side, March spends more time defending than attacking, I just don't know what to make of this lad, other than we probably bought him past his prime.

There was also a close up of Murray not bothering with a high ball and I thought 'old Murray is back'.

Anyway I thought we played well enough for at least one point.

With TH and GM not getting glowing praise there, literally our only strikers, shirley that makes relegation highly likely?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Both their goals came from uncleared attacks. Suttner wasn't done for pace or skill. By this logic Dunk is also to blame, being the right sided centre back.

I didn't use logic or blame him, I said both goals came from his side. Did I miss something there?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
With TH and GM not getting glowing praise there, literally our only strikers, shirley that makes relegation highly likely?

Not at all, I think we're growing into this league, and the January market will still be there. I can see, possibly, Propper playing a more forward role when all our midfielders are fit again, and who knows, Baldock, if he is ever fit (Anderton comes to mind) could do a great job, possibly.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I didn't use logic or blame him, I said both goals came from his side. Did I miss something there?

Every argument is based on logic at a base level.

My point is that more than one player plays on that side of the pitch and we had 11 men behind the ball for both goals. So, no, it wasn't Suttner's fault.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Every argument is based on logic at a base level.

My point is that more than one player plays on that side of the pitch and we had 11 men behind the ball for both goals. So, no, it wasn't Suttner's fault.

But you are taking my point literally, that was one of two points I made regarding Suttner, and if you can point out where I blame him, feel free.

Well I am

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not at all, I think we're growing into this league, and the January market will still be there. I can see, possibly, Propper playing a more forward role when all our midfielders are fit again, and who knows, Baldock, if he is ever fit (Anderton comes to mind) could do a great job, possibly.

PL history shows January is more often than not too late. Players don't normally sign at the beginning of the month, but towards the end, leaving just a few short months with some bloody hard fixtures to amass a lot of wins to stay up.

The key is getting plenty of points before the window. Over to CH.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
But you are taking my point literally, that was one of two points I made regarding Suttner, and if you can point out where I blame him, feel free.

You're inferring he's to blame, marginally or not, for both goals. He isn't. At all. He's 29 and not past his prime.

Look at this way, if both goals had come from the left he would have been entirely out of this discussion. He's done nothing wrong except play on the side of the pitch the goals came from. It's a ridiculous argument.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not upset at losing to and surrendering the lead to a p*ss poor Bmuff .... :facepalm:

You see... they were only piss poor from a Brighton supporters point of view. Funnily enough, we seem to be alone in the bitterness, well, I'm not, I am seeing improvements in our pass and movement, how we set up like we did against Man City in the first half and opened up a bit in the second. We were beaten by two well taken goals, nothing to be ashamed of.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So you're not upset with the result but you're not happy with the result and you felt we deserved a point? ???

I thought Hemed did alright. Suttner hasn't been particularly impressive so far but I don't feel it's fair to single him out tonight. He wasn't to blame for us losing the game by any stretch; not one single player was to blame, it was the team as a whole that didn't get us over the line.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You're inferring he's to blame, marginally or not, for both goals. He isn't. At all. He's 29 and not past his prime.

Look at this way, if both goals had come from the left he would have been entirely out of this discussion. He's done nothing wrong except play on the side of the pitch the goals came from. It's a ridiculous argument.

The side he is supposed to boss. He is, after all our left back. And after all both goals came from plays where we play tight in the penalty area and he didn't step up to it. But I am also going back to the past few games where March has spent a bulk of his time defending as a left back. I hope I'm wrong and Suttner does unbelievably well, however on present judgement (my own obviously) he doesn't seem to be Prem quality.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You see... they were only piss poor from a Brighton supporters point of view. Funnily enough, we seem to be alone in the bitterness, well, I'm not, I am seeing improvements in our pass and movement, how we set up like we did against Man City in the first half and opened up a bit in the second. We were beaten by two well taken goals, nothing to be ashamed of.

Nah they were p*ss poor by any reasonable footballing criteria (see commentators). I'm not bitter or a doom monger but I can recognise a missed opportunity when I see it pretending otherwise doesn't help our cause. On to the next game UTA.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So you're not upset with the result but you're not happy with the result and you felt we deserved a point? ???

I thought Hemed did alright. Suttner hasn't been particularly impressive so far but I don't feel it's fair to single him out tonight. He wasn't to blame for us losing the game by any stretch; not one single player was to blame, it was the team as a whole that didn't get us over the line.

I am not picking out Suttner on tonight.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The side he is supposed to boss. He is, after all our left back. And after all both goals came from plays where we play tight in the penalty area and he didn't step up to it. But I am also going back to the past few games where March has spent a bulk of his time defending as a left back. I hope I'm wrong and Suttner does unbelievably well, however on present judgement (my own obviously) he doesn't seem to be Prem quality.

When a team is attacking the penalty area from the front you should have all players from whichever side defending it. So Dunk, March and Suttner. Again, Suttner wasn't done out wide allowing Muff in. It was two cheeky passes which bypassed four or five players. I do not understand how Suttner is getting any stick for it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When a team is attacking the penalty area from the front you should have all players from whichever side defending it. So Dunk, March and Suttner. Again, Suttner wasn't done out wide allowing Muff in. It was two cheeky passes which bypassed four or five players. I do not understand how Suttner is getting any stick for it.

Obviously not. Perhaps he's our right back, nothing to see here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here