Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker situation

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Hemed's goal last week papered over the cracks, he was a complete passenger tonight and if you watch the replay of their second goal - what the **** was he doing ! But what disturbs me the most is when the ball goes forward to him he really struggles to hold the ball up and protect it, and it comes straight back which puts us under more pressure. His lack of pace is the icing on the cake. I'm hoping Murray starts on Tuesday to get his match sharpness back and that he starts against Newcastle next week.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Disagree. He done well with the scraps throughout and got us up the pitch frequently enough despite poor service. That said, set up like today and we need he threat of pace up top to make it work which is no fault of Tomers.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Hemed played well tonight, he worked hard, held the ball up well, linked up and brought other players in well

He didn't get a lot of chances to go for goal, but how can you miss them if the chances aren't being created for you to have a go at them?

stevie17

Banned
Oct 29, 2014
Hertfordshire
lacking a quality front man and it showed 2nite.

murray to start v newcastle next sunday...(i fear both hemed and baldock not up to top flight football)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The Albion fan were well pissed off with him tonight from what I could here!
Tomer, Tomer, Tomer,
Tomer, Tomer, Tomer
Tomer Hemed :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

I thought Hemed did well considering the lack of support.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Hemed's goal last week papered over the cracks, he was a complete passenger tonight and if you watch the replay of their second goal - what the **** was he doing ! But what disturbs me the most is when the ball goes forward to him he really struggles to hold the ball up and protect it, and it comes straight back which puts us under more pressure. His lack of pace is the icing on the cake. I'm hoping Murray starts on Tuesday to get his match sharpness back and that he starts against Newcastle next week.

Not much we can do about in now... I was seriously pissed off with the striker situation in the recent window but we just have to make the best of it and grind out results untill the window opens in Jan. Our defense is top half material at times, we just need to let it start flowing in to the final third. It will come, have faith! :thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Apart from Duffy having a mare the pace up front is embarrassing or should I say non existent.Really needed a couple of pacey strikers to give their defence something to think about.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No one can really criticise TH.

TH and GM have had to battle against entire defences single handedly due to the cautious approach (or a lack of PL quality in the squad offensively), other than the WBA game once we scored.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Afraid there is always going to be a split opinion on hemed personally he's just not premier league standard , that's not his fault goes back to the club failing to bring in a pacy striker we badly need an outlet . Weakest frontline in premier and not that high in championship . There will be no back four in the league that have easier games when they play Brighton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Radio 5 were singing his praises...

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Load of crap, was one of our better players tonight and held the ball well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apart from Duffy having a mare the pace up front is embarrassing or should I say non existent.Really needed a couple of pacey strikers to give their defence something to think about.

That was mentioned countless times from April to August by so many punters as a massive concern, but they were criticised by those with superior knowledge of the game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's no point complaining about Hemed as he is the only option we've got right now. Murray has looked right off the pace all season.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Any more bleating about this is tiresome. We can't change it until Jan so CH will need to come up with something to minimise the issue. Strikers were not why we lost tonight anyhow

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here