Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other than the obvious problem of a lack of fire power, where can we improve?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Just putting it out there. Tonight, I felt the 1st half we sat back too much but at times we looked very good at set pieces and were improved in 2nd half but still got punished. What can we do between now and Jan?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get Baldock fit... :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:lolol:

Sorry I got nothing. :shrug:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just putting it out there. Tonight, I felt the 1st half we sat back too much but at times we looked very good at set pieces and were improved in 2nd half but still got punished. What can we do between now and Jan?

Apart from the F word in January, the players to keep believing they can improve.
Man City - rabbit in headlights
Leicester - didn't turn up till it wasn't long late
West Bromwich - real belief that we needed points and a win.
Bournemouth - a belief they needed points and a win, the Albion not concentrating enough to know this and stop them.
Newcastle - a stonking great big win :cool:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We need Baldock back, we have no pace up front.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Thought our shape and defending was generally decent this evening. Got caught out by twice and 2 very good goals... We didn't look out of our depth put it that way.

Can see us getting the points we need to survive if we keep the defense solid and a have bit more potency upfront. Even if they are 1-0 wins or draws against the top 10 clubs we should have enough to survive! (at least until the January transfer window)

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I thought we were OK tonight. Gave an established Prem team a hard game at their gaff. A point would have been a good result and we weren't far away. What sort of thing are you looking for?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Two away games against weaker teams; both games had team's at our mercy; both games failed to capitalise. In short, it's going to be a tough relegation battle.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Free the cautious reins and give some pacey support to TH and GM from the start to the end.

A solid cautious approach, against PL teams, will yield far more losses and draws, than wins = Championship football next season.

We will rarely shut out opponents with eleven players on the pitch, so more adventure is a must.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I LOVE our players. But those with pace don't have the confidence to really go for it. They tend to play a safe game, they will turn and pass it backwards. So coach it out of them. We've certainly got the raw material.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The game was won until we failed to track a midfield player's run into the area, then left Defoe - Defoe! - unmarked. Three potentially precious points tossed casually away through the most basic of defensive errors. Hughton must be fuming.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I get the impression that we are going to end up asking too much of our defenders until the next transfer window. By then a lot of people will be moaning about mistakes. It will boil down to the summer window not being as successful as we hoped (up front) which is such a shame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here