Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calssic witty/Amusing Player Nicknames

pafcprogs

Sep 14, 2017
PAFC fan in peace here...good to see you get off the mark...most of us down here still remember the support we got from you guys in the dark days of Admin.

So whilst completely bored on holiday I started thinking about all the weird and amusing nicknames we have had for various Plymouth players....plus how many clubs have common themes...we all have a Psycho, many of us have a Beast , Animal or Trigger in our history

But it also reminded me of the funny and unusual ones and I figured most clubs have some ....so what are the Brighton ones?

I particularly like One Size for Fitz Hall, and from Rugby union Nobody for John Eales ( because Nobodys's perfect!) and "Live fast" Dai Young!!

There's also a rugby player ( Aussie or All black) nicknamed Anthem because the player he understudies means he only gets on the pitch for the playing of the National Anthems..cruel but funny.

Cheers and lets hope we can catch you up one day!

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
PAFC fan in peace here...good to see you get off the mark...most of us down here still remember the support we got from you guys in the dark days of Admin.

So whilst completely bored on holiday I started thinking about all the weird and amusing nicknames we have had for various Plymouth players....plus how many clubs have common themes...we all have a Psycho, many of us have a Beast , Animal or Trigger in our history

But it also reminded me of the funny and unusual ones and I figured most clubs have some ....so what are the Brighton ones?

I particularly like One Size for Fitz Hall, and from Rugby union Nobody for John Eales ( because Nobodys's perfect!) and "Live fast" Dai Young!!

There's also a rugby player ( Aussie or All black) nicknamed Anthem because the player he understudies means he only gets on the pitch for the playing of the National Anthems..cruel but funny.

Cheers and lets hope we can catch you up one day!

Kiki Musampa, who used to play for Man City, was apparently known as Chris...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Not sure the Albion have had a 'Trigger', but Joel Lynch was known as 'Denzil' due to a suggested likeness to the OFAH character of said name.

Dan Harding, was known as (Mr) Tickle, due to his unaturally long arms :thumbsup:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Dean Wilkins was known as Wendy, which he apparently hated.

Richie Barker, during his brief time with us, was known as The Bear.

And my Dad has always referred to Gerry Ryan as Welly Boots, though I don't know if that was a common thing at the Goldstone... or just him!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Adam el Abd, was HILARIOUSLY known, to the squad, as 'bomber' due to his arab heritage.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I was too young to remember but John Templeman was known as "Shirley" after the actress Shirley Temple and aided by the fact that he had longish blonde hair at the time

pafcprogs

Sep 14, 2017
Aha, the lesser spotted typo in my first post...excellent start...there a re some good ones in these responses though, is it bad I quite like "bomber" for El Abdi?

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
And my Dad has always referred to Gerry Ryan as Welly Boots, though I don't know if that was a common thing at the Goldstone... or just him!

Yup Gerry Ryan was always known as Welly Boot. Not sure whether it was an affectionate slur on his Irish heritage or the fact he was sometimes so all over the shop it looked like he was playing in wellies.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Clive walker was called flash (after a Sun report)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Spider Mellor, due to his long, thin limbs. Nobby Horton because of his big cock.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here