Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "One of the brightest young managers in the Premier League"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Makings of a bite you in the bum thread, the smug **** seems to do rather well against Albion sides :nono:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A Bournemouth backlash is long over due.
It would be lovely if it all fell away for Eddie and his up its own arse club.
Perhaps if they got relegated they'd get round to selling cookie so we could finally get the sell on.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I still laugh at how when he was rumoured to be going to Burnley he stood in front of the media and said he was tempted but decided to stay and was gushing about Bournemouth, then about 3 days later he left for Burnley. How could you ever trust him again?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Howe explains his time on Countdown for playing one from the top and two from the back, and we discuss the merits of playing both Y N Y and
N Y N, plus a look at Howe FWIW believes the Cherries will line up for the next crucial set on Strictly CD.

He's a plucky SOB, IMO :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of all the managers we were linked with before Gus, he was the one I would have had at the club like a shot. Always struck me as a decent guy and knew how they game should be played.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of all the managers we were linked with before Gus, he was the one I would have had at the club like a shot. Always struck me as a decent guy and knew how they game should be played.
In that case, how come his team are 2nd bottom with no points having spent the GDP of a mid sized African country?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Aside from Palace, Bournemouth is the only club in the Premier League I really dislike.

I still can't shred the memory of working with two of the most obnoxious, disingenuous fans I've ever met. Both Bournemouth fans, Both very chippy and both glory hunters, having joined the Bournemouth party around 2012. They were fixated with being better than the Albion, which in itself seemed bizarre considering the distance between the two clubs.

It's a club full of contradictions; a friendly, family club, which in truth is a club packed with cocky tosspots

A passionate, gutsy little club, run on a shoestring, when in fact it made a near £90m turnover alone in its first Premier League season.

Mr Nice Guy Eddie Howe.

So there you have it. I've never once had an issue with fans from Millwall, Leeds, Chelsea, Wednesday, Newcastle, West Ham, even Palace (!)...but soon as you mention bloody Bournemouth.....

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
One of the brightest...

Perhaps they got "smuggest" confused with "brightest".

Could they have been referring to his TEETH?

I don't believe you've been paying close enough attention. Behind the white teeth, fake tan, and creepy piercing eyes, he's as cynical a manager as the Albion have come up against in recent years. His team is in his image - snidey, cynical, game-playing dirty wankers.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I give you plucky little Harry Arter, whose 11 yellow cards and one red last season gave him the second-worst disciplinary record in the Premier League. Davy and Dale need to prepared to take evasive action.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I give you plucky little Harry Arter, whose 11 yellow cards and one red last season gave him the second-worst disciplinary record in the Premier League. Davy and Dale need to prepared to take evasive action.

Oh it was my understanding that because of some admittedly dreadful personal things, you weren't allowed to mention that Arter is a filthy twunt who doesn't think twice about putting disgusting challenges that could end up in a career threatening injury.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
My wife has on her staff the person who is also part of the Matchday staff for Security at St Mary's. he is in charge of the Away Fans surveillance.

From his experiences, one of the very worst sets of away fans they had last season was.......... Bournemouth. Smashing everything up and with a couple of very identifi9able ringleaders.

Who'd Have thunk it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
My wife has on her staff the person who is also part of the Matchday staff for Security at St Mary's. he is in charge of the Away Fans surveillance.

From his experiences, one of the very worst sets of away fans they had last season was.......... Bournemouth. Smashing everything up and with a couple of very identifi9able ringleaders.

Who'd Have thunk it.

I suppose if you're going to claim to be the Saints main rivals, you might as well live up to expectations!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Who'd Have thunk it.

Yep , I know a Saints season ticket holder who couldn't believe how they behaved last season.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps they got "smuggest" confused with "brightest".

https://whisp.rs/2fk5Fzu

Interesting that Smug Eddie seems to have done a fair bit of tinkering already this season, all of it unsuccessful.

Howe was born in 77. The only other Premier League manager who was born after 1972 was Marcos Silva, who is MUCH better (and 'brighter') than Howe.

Then you've got 6 more born in 71 or 72: Pocchetino, Guardiola, Dyche, Wagner, Clement and Pellegrino.

I'd have all of them before Eddie.

Absolute load of bollocks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here