Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton Tickets

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Quick bit of advice. Looking to take the kids (6&8 yrs old) to the Everton game with tickets only available in the East Stand - E1H block. Anyone have experience of sitting in this area, is it too close to the away end for a couple of youngsters at only their second game. Thanks in advance.

You actually will have the small S1A corner block between you and the home fans so you won't be right in their laps. the block the other side of you is the family stand (E1G) so if you are worried, pick at seat as north as possible in E1H.

Have you considered actually sitting in the family stands? They are cheaper. There are currently 3 seats together in S1A and there is availability on the shelf N2A and N2B. Some of the later are restricted viewing but I think this is just due to the low partition between this stand and the 1901 area.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Quick bit of advice. Looking to take the kids (6&8 yrs old) to the Everton game with tickets only available in the East Stand - E1H block. Anyone have experience of sitting in this area, is it too close to the away end for a couple of youngsters at only their second game. Thanks in advance.

Yeah I would sit on the shelf N2A/B if I were you. Incredible view and I can't wait till mine are old enough to take along so I can sit up there.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sat there with my son before, who was 5 at the time and his 2nd or 3rd game at Amex, and there were some very obnoxious away fans near by that distressed my son. As we left he asked if we could never sit near the away fans again. Deffo recommend the shelf or elsewhere if you can.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
You actually will have the small S1A corner block between you and the home fans so you won't be right in their laps. the block the other side of you is the family stand (E1G) so if you are worried, pick at seat as north as possible in E1H.

Have you considered actually sitting in the family stands? They are cheaper. There are currently 3 seats together in S1A and there is availability on the shelf N2A and N2B. Some of the later are restricted viewing but I think this is just due to the low partition between this stand and the 1901 area.

I'm also taking the wife so I'll need 4 tickets together. I think the E1H is my only option. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll need to be quicker next time!

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Sat there with my son before, who was 5 at the time and his 2nd or 3rd game at Amex, and there were some very obnoxious away fans near by that distressed my son. As we left he asked if we could never sit near the away fans again. Deffo recommend the shelf or elsewhere if you can.

That's my worry. We can't get to many home games so don't want to risk a bad experience.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's my worry. We can't get to many home games so don't want to risk a bad experience.

Just forewarn them to ignore the silly men that have drunk too much beer and should be OK. Didn't put my son off going to Amex but it did put him off idiots.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm also taking the wife so I'll need 4 tickets together. I think the E1H is my only option. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll need to be quicker next time!

I suppose it depends on the fans and how close you are to them, but unlike others I've sat in there with kids and their grandparents and had no bother whatsoever. This is also where the club put most of their guest tickets. I wouldn't hesitate to sit in there with my 7 yr old.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
I suppose it depends on the fans and how close you are to them, but unlike others I've sat in there with kids and their grandparents and had no bother whatsoever. This is also where the club put most of their guest tickets. I wouldn't hesitate to sit in there with my 7 yr old.

maybe I'll take their ear defenders!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
maybe I'll take their ear defenders!

I sat quite close to M'Boro fans who are no shrinking violets, and there was little or no interaction with E1H at all. Even your knuckle draggers can spot kids and families and generally behave themselves. I honestly wouldn't be worried about it.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
The family stands great with the kids. I find that although it often says a lot of seats are sold they are not sat in as they are for youth payers/ladies team etc. So don't worry about having a single ticket away from your group.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York

Just looking for ticket myself and I noticed 3 seats together in S1G, next to family stand.

el punal

Just forewarn them to ignore the silly men that have drunk too much beer and should be OK. Didn't put my son off going to Amex but it did put him off idiots.

Our words of advice to my grandson, who has been to several games and has rapturously listened to every swear word, every naughty song and witnessed copious intakes of alcohol :

What happens at football, stays at football!

These wise words of wisdom from his grandfather, who happens to be guilty of all those sins. :drink:

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Our words of advice to my grandson, who has been to several games and has rapturously listened to every swear word, every naughty song and witnessed copious intakes of alcohol :

What happens at football, stays at football!

These wise words of wisdom from his grandfather, who happens to be guilty of all those sins. :drink:
Good advice, I adopted a similar rule.
We changed the words of songs too (use flipping, etc) so they could join in, and then there were no issues at home in front of mum. Even though they are all grown we still do this at home - Sidwell only gets to hug my wife!

Years ago, taking my son to his first game I warned him to be prepared for a lot of men shouting and swearing and not to be scared.
He was so disappointed when he didn't hear any!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Good advice, I adopted a similar rule.
We changed the words of songs too (use flipping, etc) so they could join in, and then there were no issues at home in front of mum. Even though they are all grown we still do this at home - Sidwell only gets to hug my wife!

Years ago, taking my son to his first game I warned him to be prepared for a lot of men shouting and swearing and not to be scared.
He was so disappointed when he didn't hear any!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

We change the words too...funniest one is when the opposing keeper is taking his goal kick our end....told my littleun years ago the words are "Your Sheep Baaaaa" 4 years later and she still sings this even though she knows the real words...lol...

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
You will be fine in E1H, far enough from away fans. Try and get as far from the pitch as you can, if it rains or is sunny first 15 rows can get wet or sun in your eyes. Bring a coat/cap/sunglasses. Get the tickets quick as there are only a few left!!!!

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Thanks everyone for their advice, which I've actually listened to. Just purchased 4 tickets on Row R in the E1H. We don't manage to get down often from Leicestershire so really looking forward to this one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here