Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National Cycle To Work Day

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DJlF-76XoAAqosd.jpg

I hope it's not too late to get such an important message out there.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Hove to richmond & back in day

Tough going. Although it is a beautiful morning. I hope i make my 10am meeting..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mrs Bozza would be positively fuming if I brought the bike inside and rode it from the bedroom to the dining room table.

Maybe I'll do it when she's out later.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mrs Bozza would be positively fuming if I brought the bike inside and rode it from the bedroom to the dining room table.

Maybe I'll do it when she's out later.

Don't let the stairs worry you:-

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Looks like I picked the wrong week to have checked in my mighty steed for a new tyre, chain and cassette!

I'll ride a Brighton Bike instead, in honour of this great day. :thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I left my bike at work on Monday evening, with a heavy splash of rain in mid-fall, and got the tube home. What then unfolded caused that to be a mistake. Basically, my Uber account had been hacked by a gang of yankee doodle dandies, who went on a £61 jaunt somewhere over in the States using my benjamins. When spotting this had occurred, I cancelled my debit card immediately (whilst ineffectively looking to get in touch with Uber to deal with it in some way). I have a credit card, but that had gone over its limit, and I had no other card to pay some of it back with. So, yesterday, I had no contactless card to get the tube back to work with, and no oyster card. I was in something of a pickle for a while, and in the end took the girlfriend's card, who is somewhat housebound with young Albi. After getting to work, and feeling rather tired, I decided to go to the local Costcuttery type place to buy some overpriced choccies. I attempted to use the girlfriend's card, contactlessly, and it didn't go through. "Insert the card and type in the number, mate." the generally smiley chap said to me. "But it's not my card." Whoops. I had to fight him off from taking it from me, insisting the owner was the mother of my child and that I couldn't get home without it (I don't look like a cyclist). Today, I have no card, but cycled in, and only will be prevented from getting home via the same method by some wily thief, or fiendish hornet who has punctured my unpuncturables with its adamantium stinger. Anywho, that was that, and nothing much bad happened.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Out of curiosity, do people who usually cycle to work have to drive a car to work today whilst the rest of us cycle? That would send out a very important message too...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Out of curiosity, do people who usually cycle to work have to drive a car to work today whilst the rest of us cycle? That would send out a very important message too...

Hopefully that would correspond with National No Traffic Lights day.

Imagine the carnage as all the drivers assume lights don't apply to them, on 2 wheels.
While every cyclist carries on as normal forgetting they are in a car.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Hopefully that would correspond with National No Traffic Lights day.

Imagine the carnage as all the drivers assume lights don't apply to them, on 2 wheels.
While every cyclist carries on as normal forgetting they are in a car.

I think I'd pull a sicky that day.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
8a2539b8f5f988e14fde5dd6e5cadeea.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here