Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Patrick Cryne Barnsley Chairman

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Diagnosed on the 23rd Juy 2016, I never saw a game at the Amex in the 2016/2017 season, but returned for the WBA game and had a great time. The truth about cancer is that there would have been many people at the WBA game with cancer, some terminal and others manageable. Patrick Cryne is correct in describing it as insidious, i can't see it, touch or sense it, but it grows daily within me, its not sinister its just a growth of irregular cells growing in the wrong place and directed by my brain in response to whatever triggered them.
But in my cancer day centre I see nothing but smiles and friendship, whilst out on the streets I see anxiety, haste and stress. His sentiments are correct so please everyone absorb what he has written, spend more time with those you love around you, do the things you only think about and then discard, switch off the news, it will drag you down, plan your days, avoid paying inheritence tax, don't blame your self for yor perceived failings in life and for those of us on here, enjoy and immerse yourself in going to watch our football club win, draw or lose and don't be negative, it serves no purpose.

Cancer will touch one in three of us, currently being uprated to one in two, look at your family history, much of it is genetic, it will give you a clue, be aware and catch it early and never give up. I was given seven months to live in July 2016 and i'm still here!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The only home games I have missed since the Amex opened was because of treatment for Cancer. I had no idea I had something foreign inside me. No discomfort, no pain. Maybe a bit of extra tiredness but that could be put down to a number of factors. Saw a few specks of blood but did nothing about it. Wasn't in the habit of inspecting loo paper, so this may not have been the first signs. Approx 3 months later, thought there were some more. Went to the Doctor. Reassured that it was a very slim chance of Cancer. More likely Piles or Polyps but hey ho......it was Bowel Cancer, starting to spread. Rapid op followed by Chemo and here I still am. Not the same ( you never are...it leaves its mark ) but nevertheless, here to spread the message. Keep checking down below. It only takes a few seconds to look at your loo paper,. Any blood...go to the Doctor. You won't be wasting their time. Men of a certain age...do the smear test that comes in the post. It could save your life.
Patrick Cryne's words are from the heart. They are starkly honest and moving and give us some idea of the man himself. When my own Father was terminally ill, I knew I had to take him to his final Albion game. He lived well away from Sussex and it was too far to travel to the Withdean. So it had to be an away game. Many years before, he had started with a win. Deep inside, I was praying that the lads would deliver a victory for him but it was a tough fixture. On a warm and sunny day, they turned in a performance to be proud of and won well. The smile on his face told me everything I needed to know.
I wish the same for Patrick Cryne when he attends his last Barnsley game. I hope they play famously well and win in stirring fashion. That he has his family with him and that they see the smile on his face.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Football an life itself would be a lot better if more owners and people cared as much as he does by reading this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here