Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion vs Swansea (Amex, Sat Feb 24 2018)

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
I am starting to plan my trip to Brighton and wondered how high are the chances that the match against Swansea will be moved (to Sunday/Monday)? I know it's probably anybody's guess at the moment...

FA Cup won't probably matter as the 5th round will be played Feb 17 (and both the Seagulls and the Swans are probably eliminated by then).
Carabao Cup Final will be played Feb 25 (I cannot see neither reaching the final).

Other Premier League fixtures that round are (there are many more prominent clashes that will be moved for TV coverage):
24.02.18.PNG

You are probably wondering why that fixture? As I don't have loyalty points I think I might be able to get tickets for my mate and I. And maybe there will even be chance that wheel wine!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Not that it matters if it's the week before but both of us are premier league teams starting in the 3rd round I wouldn't assume neither of us would be left in the cup.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Maybe that was a reach but given that fifth round has just 16 teams remaining and at least Swansea will be fighting relegation (concentrating on Premier league) I would still say it is more likely none of the teams are in play.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You could get tickets for any of the upcoming games should you want them. There's no need to target an "unglamorous" game months from now.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
You could get tickets for any of the upcoming games should you want them. There's no need to target an "unglamorous" game months from now.

Since I am not willing to pay for both me and my mate's (who is not a hardcore Brighton supporter) Bronze membership and we do not have Amex purchase history, I could only buy tickets for Stoke match at the moment.

Glamorous isn't a thing for me having supported Brighton for more than a decade, having been to Deepdale and City Ground to watch League 1 Brighton (and bantering Stoke supporters on their way back that Stoke is a dull club making them miss their stop at Uttoxeter).

Having used all my vacation days for 2017 looking ahead to 2018 is the only possibility.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
So I will be flying over for the long weekend. Any recommendations for pubs, sigthtseeing?

NB! Mods, could someone change the thread title to something that says it is not a match thread? I wouldnt' want to feel guilty for jinxing this 6-pointer having not used proper amount of *-s.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You appear to be fully fluent in NSC. Congrats although I'm not sure it is a transferable skill.

Enjoy the game.

Can you imagine putting that on a CV? I wonder how it would be taken.

When I was 18 and looking for work, I went to an interview on a Monday morning. The interviewer and I spent the first half-hour talking about the Albion, and then he said something long the lines of 'oh well, I suppose I've got to ask some proper questions or personnel will be after me'. I can't imagine the modern HR obsessed tick box type regimented interview processes being so relaxed. But being NSC fluent might help get an interview in Brighton in the first place!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Re NSC lingo at work:
In a team meeting a few years back, I yelled "Fixtures FFS" when someone asked a question that had already been answered.
Everyone in the room gave me an odd-look and I really couldn't be bothered to explain .... retorting quickly to "Moving on ...."

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I am starting to plan my trip to Brighton and wondered how high are the chances that the match against Swansea will be moved (to Sunday/Monday)? I know it's probably anybody's guess at the moment...

FA Cup won't probably matter as the 5th round will be played Feb 17 (and both the Seagulls and the Swans are probably eliminated by then).
Carabao Cup Final will be played Feb 25 (I cannot see neither reaching the final).

Other Premier League fixtures that round are (there are many more prominent clashes that will be moved for TV coverage):
View attachment 89217

You are probably wondering why that fixture? As I don't have loyalty points I think I might be able to get tickets for my mate and I. And maybe there will even be chance that wheel wine!

Why were all these games showing as having a 5pm kick off?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So I will be flying over for the long weekend. Any recommendations for pubs, sigthtseeing?

NB! Mods, could someone change the thread title to something that says it is not a match thread? I wouldnt' want to feel guilty for jinxing this 6-pointer having not used proper amount of *-s.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but the i360 is impressive on a clear day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here