Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa & Sunderland

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Both haven't won a league game for an awful long time and are helping to prop up the Championship.

I'm surprised about Villa, as they got rid of the hated Randy Lerner back in May 2016, with the new owner spending fortunes on fees/wages on players in the three windows in which he's been in charge.

Bruce and Grayson must be close to the chop.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Villa fans seem happy enough

Capture.JPG

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Quite a few teams having a shocker, it seems. Brentford and Brum in the relegation zone – early days, I know... – I'm interested to see how 'Arry copes with that...

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Good to see that Dr Xia's quest to make Villa as big as Real and Barca is still gathering momentum. :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Quite a few teams having a shocker, it seems. Brentford and Brum in the relegation zone – early days, I know... – I'm interested to see how 'Arry copes with that...

Has his 'special' transfer window closed yet? I'm sure with a couple of hundred million he can keep their heads above water

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Can't see why Sunderland hired Grayson. Excellent at getting teams out of League One but has consistently failed at Championship level.

Northern, old fashioned chump

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Both haven't won a league game for an awful long time and are helping to prop up the Championship.

I'm surprised about Villa, as they got rid of the hated Randy Lerner back in May 2016, with the new owner spending fortunes on fees/wages on players in the three windows in which he's been in charge.

Bruce and Grayson must be close to the chop.

Aston Villa are unbeaten in 4 in the league WDDD or 5 if you include the EFL Cup
Sunderland 4 straight league defeats, and not won in 5 DLLLL

Don't think either clubs will panic like Palace and sack manager just yet, but bottom 6 at next international break could see a change

Jan 22, 2017
Very much enjoying the plight of them both.

I think Bruce will be sacked soon. Can't see Sunderland sacking Grayson yet, they're absolutely skint and only spend £2M in the Summer so can't see them wanting to pay Grayson a similar figure to sack him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can't see why Sunderland hired Grayson. Excellent at getting teams out of League One but has consistently failed at Championship level.

Northern, old fashioned chump

I said this a while back. Grayson was the wrong appointment.Sunderland are to big for him. he should stick to teams like Preston, Blackpool

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm interested to see how 'Arry copes with that...

When he says post match 'they've got players that can take them to another level' it sounds like he might be preparing to ship himself out. That would be the 'Arry way ... 'Now I've put everything in place it's time for a younger man to come in and lead them to promotion, and beyond'

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has his 'special' transfer window closed yet? I'm sure with a couple of hundred million he can keep their heads above water

I hope not. He's down the bare bones and needs to fill the squad with top, top TOP players.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good to see that Dr Xia's quest to make Villa as big as Real and Barca is still gathering momentum. :lolol:

His Twitter feed is pure GOLD. How about this...

[tweet]878823664589840384[/tweet]

The Championship "isn't that difficult" - Villa now sit 18th :lolol:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I wish I could find the thread where people were predicting Brentford to go up this season! I couldnt believe it at the time and still do not know what they based that on, probably because they always took points off of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here