Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona match as a tourist?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Has anyone ever been to a Barcelona match as a tourist? I'm currently at Camp Nou having a coffee and there is a Champions League match on tonight. We are thinking of going, but as a tourist I'm wary of ending up sticking out like a sore thumb and being made to feel uncomfortable for 2 hrs.

Has anyone ever been to a game? Did you sit in a certain area? Did you feel uncomfortable? What was the experience like?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
The stadium will have thousands of tourists every game. I wouldn't think twice about going if you're there.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You're at one of the biggest clubs in the world, not CSKA Moscow or Red Star Belgrade! You'll probably find more tourists than Catalans...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I went and it’s absolutely fine and was a cracking atmosphere. Don’t bother with the beer though as it’s non alcoholic!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Has anyone ever been to a Barcelona match as a tourist? I'm currently at Camp Nou having a coffee and there is a Champions League match on tonight. We are thinking of going, but as a tourist I'm wary of ending up sticking out like a sore thumb and being made to feel uncomfortable for 2 hrs.

Has anyone ever been to a game? Did you sit in a certain area? Did you feel uncomfortable? What was the experience like?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?356087-Barcelona-Advice&highlight=Barcelona

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It will be better than watching the game in your hotel room or a bar, if there are tickets available get one

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Know quite a few people that have done it and loved it. No problems at all. Like others have said there are thousands of tourists for every game and the stadium is absolutely HUGE.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Keep your hands on your wallet and phone,particularly if you've had a beer or three!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
My lad did last year. The most surreal site he mentioned was as he left there was a family of 5 mum dad 2 sons and a daughter standing there in full ( socks n all ) QPR kit !!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did it whilst on holiday last summer, standard La Liga game. Bought tickets online direct from the club website (and print at home). Drove to the ground from our hotel in Salou and easily parked in a multi-storey car park 5 mins walk away, where after the game they'd arranged a rapid exit strategy of opening the barriers and manually collecting tickets - was back on the road in minutes. Remarkably efficient.

As for around and inside the ground, it felt like 50% tourists, 48% Barca fans and 2% away fans. We sat directly behind the goal in the middle tier - excellent view, their drummer and his acolytes were below us and were alright but apart from that the atmosphere was pretty poor (75,000 crowd). Where we sat was a fairly equal mix of tourists and grumbling locals (Barca were crap, and lost).

The enormous superstore was mobbed.

Very easy trip, good experience.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ah, a Barcelona thread, we haven't had one of these in at least 28 hours, I was beginning to think I'd got the wrong website!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
IMG_4175.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4175.JPG
    IMG_4175.JPG
    425.4 KB · Views: 209

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We sat up in the Gods, can't remember who Barca played but they stuffed them, they started booing if they lost the ball, stamped on some kids foot coz he wouldnt move, the away section was a small cage with about 100 supporters right at the back
83ef41847c8c4dc8c583fa51543605ec.jpg
3ffd633a65257383009700046334ba41.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here