Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unseen 'Only Fools' episode

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Having seen each episode of OFAH about 500 times, I was super excited to hear that an episode had been dusted off, never before seen. Appears to be a special, commissioned by an oilfield consortium, for school children. Not sure if this will affect how good it is, but can't wait to see it (500 times)! On Oct 3rd on Gold apparently.

D

Deleted User X18H

Is this the until now mythical lesser episode ?

Will it be like the rumoured '13th' Fawlty Towers episode.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Been doing the rounds on the torrent sites for years.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
More like an educational video than a comedy programme sadly. Apart from when grandad asked Del what colour the oil rig was, which was mildly amusing.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
More like an educational video than a comedy programme sadly. Apart from when grandad asked Del what colour the oil rig was, which was mildly amusing.

I feared as much, but will still watch. I'm guessing there'll be limited exclamations from Del such as 'Menage a trois!' if it's made for the kids!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It amazes me, generally with these old shows, how episodes go missing in the first place. I'm pretty sure I read once that loads of Hancock's Half Hour episodes were lost, because they recorded over them with other programmes! I don't care if reels of film were expensive back in the day, how could they do that?!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you may be in it Trig!

_72344983_challis.jpg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I don't think I'll ever understand the fascination with only fools and horses.
I had to endure a couple of episodes the other day as the Mrs wanted to watch them. Can't remember the last time I was that bored.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was amazed to discover there was only 60-odd episodes. I thought there was 11,413.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It amazes me, generally with these old shows, how episodes go missing in the first place. I'm pretty sure I read once that loads of Hancock's Half Hour episodes were lost, because they recorded over them with other programmes! I don't care if reels of film were expensive back in the day, how could they do that?!!

TV was seen very differently in the 60's and early 70's. That's why so many early Doctor Who's are missing. It was incredibly rare and incredibly expensive to repeat a programme, and the actors unions made sure it wasn't a practice commonly undertaken. The idea of a home video service, or anything approaching a VHS market was unthinkable. TV in those days was like the theatre, if you missed it you missed it.

That combined with 3" Quad tapes etc were incredibly expensive meant that they had to be wiped and reused. Most 'missing' Doctor Who has been returned on 16mm film. Copied from the original onto film so it could be shown in foreign markets with systems less cutting edge than the BBC's. Of course these 16mm reels were expensive to store and were occasionally, unsystematically destroyed. A lot of missing TV has come back from overseas TV stations where it's been sitting untouched for 50+ years! Incredible it has survived at all to be honest.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here