Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Brighton and Hove Albion U23 v West Bromwich Albion U23, Hawthorns, 19.00 KO***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Come on the Albion make it a double Albion victory

Team

Collings; Mateju, Hall, Kerr, Cox; Hutchinson, Collar; Tilley, Mandroiu, Ahannach; Bjordal

Subs

McGill (GK), Moore, Barker, Sanders, Ajiboye

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Substitutes: Soleman, House, Bradley, Rogers, Azaz.

Attachments

• WBA .jpg
    WBA .jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 542

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
No Kieran Gibbs, they mentioned possibly giving him some extra playing time, I imagine his sub appearance on Saturday put paid to that.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Can we watch this online? I'm bored!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Havent checked out WBA website, we are just offering a text commentary

Looks like No, which is mad as the premier league made us televise them a couple of years ago, so all teams have it place and its not used.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Our U23s could really do with another out and out striker. Playing an attacking mid up front again!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Come on the Albion make it a double Albion victory

Team

Collings; Mateju, Hall, Kerr, Cox; Hutchinson, Collar; Tilley, Mandroiu, Ahannach; Bjordal

Subs

McGill (GK), Moore, Barker, Sanders, Ajiboye

Where are Connolly and Tilley* then? Even if they are in the frame for some League Cup action next week, I wouldn't have thought they need to be rested at their age!

And is that Burke in the WBA line-up the same Burke who came on as a sub on Saturday? - our youngsters could be in for a bit of chasing around if it is.

*Edit: Sorry, didn't spot Tilley in midfield! :facepalm:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its also possible Ahannach or Tilley may play upfront. But I don't know why Connoly or Alzate are not featured they are both out and out strikers. I didn't see the Reading game so not sure if he has made changes due to the one defeat.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I can only see an Oliver Burke in their 2017 squad so assume it must be the same player

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Burke

They just paid 15 million for him, via Forrest and Leipzberg - only 20

From WBA site

Burke was used as a substitute in the first-team meeting between the sides on Saturday at the Amex, and set up James Morrison's goal in the closing stages

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Its also possible Ahannach or Tilley may play upfront. But I don't know why Connoly or Alzate are not featured they are both out and out strikers. I didn't see the Reading game so not sure if he has made changes due to the one defeat.

My mate whose an Orient season ticket holder (poor bloke) is insistent that Alzate is not a striker. Says he's an attacking centre mid. He did start up front against Reading though, moved to the left wing when Connoly came on.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
My mate whose an Orient season ticket holder (poor bloke) is insistent that Alzate is not a striker. Says he's an attacking centre mid. He did start up front against Reading though, moved to the left wing when Connoly came on.

He has looked good up front and in the box

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Where are Connolly and Tilley* then? Even if they are in the frame for some League Cup action next week, I wouldn't have thought they need to be rested at their age!

And is that Burke in the WBA line-up the same Burke who came on as a sub on Saturday? - our youngsters could be in for a bit of chasing around if it is.

*Edit: Sorry, didn't spot Tilley in midfield! :facepalm:

I suppose there is a chance some of those not involved could play at Rangers tomorrow night.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Forgotten about that. Good job we've got a bit of depth in the DS then!

The only fit players "missing" from tonight's squad are goalkeeper Robert Sanchez, Aaron Connolly and Steven Alzate.

Currently injured: Jayson Molumby, Jordan Davies, Ben Barclay and Reece Meekums.

Out on loan: Goalkeeper Bailey Vose, Rian O'Sullivan, Tom Dallison, Tyler Hornby-Forbes, Jordan Maguire-Drew, Ben White and Archie Davies.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I can only see an Oliver Burke in their 2017 squad so assume it must be the same player

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Burke

They just paid 15 million for him, via Forrest and Leipzberg - only 20

From WBA site

Burke was used as a substitute in the first-team meeting between the sides on Saturday at the Amex, and set up James Morrison's goal in the closing stages

Only lasted 18 minutes before being substituted due to "Injury signs from the wideman, so James Shan was reluctant to take any risks", according to the (Brighton and Hove) Albion live text.

Zero updates from the WBA twitter or on their website - appalling lack of coverage from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here