Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empty Seats

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
After watching the Highlights it looked like there were a fair few empty seats in the East stand, not as many in some of last seasons "sold out" fixtures but enough to notice. Can the club not start the ticket exchange earlier for games that look likely to sell out to make sure these are filled?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No, they were all in queuing for drinks and pies. Many around me missed both of Gross's goals.

Must have been ambivalent on the concourses, a combination of anger and euphoria.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The highlights show the goals, two of which were just before, and just after half time. It's probable that the occupiers were in the toilets, or queuing for food/sweets/drinks.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The highlights show the goals, two of which were just before, and just after half time. It's probable that the occupiers were in the toilets, or queuing for food/sweets/drinks.

This is correct. When everyone was in their seats I thought that there were very few left empty. And these can be explained by natural wastage through holiday, sickness, and work commitments.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

From the east, it looked as though only about half the 1901 section in the west was around to see the second Gross goal.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
After watching the Highlights it looked like there were a fair few empty seats in the East stand, not as many in some of last seasons "sold out" fixtures but enough to notice. Can the club not start the ticket exchange earlier for games that look likely to sell out to make sure these are filled?

...and if you fall ill on the morning of the game, the exchange should be available from your sickbed too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club don't want to re-sell STH seats when they can sell their own seats.

The game only just sold out so the ticket exchange wasn't activated. It remains to be seen whether it would be the sparkly new automated exchange or the manual string and sellotape exchange from last season.

I'd estimate between 1 seat in 12 to 1 seat in 15 were empty across the North and East. I couldn't judge the West as I was sitting in it. I wasn't in my usual seat but I had an empty seat either side of me.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd like it if they made those East Stand seats on the South side the same price as behind the goal to encourage those to be snapped up first. Wouldn't look so obvious on TV then when a game isn't sold out.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd like it if they made those East Stand seats on the South side the same price as behind the goal to encourage those to be snapped up first. Wouldn't look so obvious on TV then when a game isn't sold out.

It was sold out.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

It did sell out, though slightly lesser attendance recorded than vs City.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Why is everyone so interested in people leaving early..They`ve paid for their seat and if they want to beat half time queue for Beer/pie or at the end for train or bus doesn`t bother me!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That would be interesting to compare to the average from last year. My impression was that there were many more around for the last part of the game than was usual before.

Agree with this - seems to be far fewer early leavers than last season, both around us (WSL) and East/North. Exodus seems to be starting on 90 rather than 82 or 83 now
Absolutely loads would have missed one or both of Gross's goals due to their urgent need for a pie/pint/piss, and looks a bit crap on the highlights as a result. Tons of empty seats around us from 40-50 mins.
Would expect a 10% no-show for most games for various reasons, particularly with no ticket exchange. Guess the game needs to sell out 2-3 weeks in advance for it to be worthwhile being activated

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It was sold out.

It did sell out, though slightly lesser attendance recorded than vs City.

I wasn't talking about Saturday. I was talking about future games and obviously if we sell out every match it's not an issue. Bugged me at times in previous seasons. Huge crowd but sometimes due to the empties there gave the wrong impression on TV.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here