Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A simple idea that could save cyclists from getting injured

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm off now for a ride, I can't wait to pi$$ off so many drivers, the law doesn't apply to me because I don't pay road tax.
After all what's the worst that could happen, on a bicycle, travelling at speed, with no protection, surrounded by 2 tonne death boxes, going even faster.
It's clearly not in my interest to be as safe as I can be.

#sarcasm
#Temptingfate!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm off now for a ride, I can't wait to pi$$ off so many drivers, the law doesn't apply to me because I don't pay road tax.
After all what's the worst that could happen, on a bicycle, travelling at speed, with no protection, surrounded by 2 tonne death boxes, going even faster.
It's clearly not in my interest to be as safe as I can be.

#sarcasm
#Temptingfate!
Make sure you keep on the pavement out of the way

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Make sure you keep on the pavement out of the way

You could at least wait till I'm dead before starting to comment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that's disappointing.
I always aligned myself with 90+% of cyclists, but having just ridden for nearly 2 hours and not broken a single law, I guess I'm actually part of the rogue 10%.

In the interests of full disclosure I lived in harmony, side by side on the road with cars, lorries, buses and vans.
But I guess with 99% of vehicle drivers being near perfect, that's less of a surprise.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
simple idea that could save cyclists from getting injured

Compulsory wearing of head protection and high vis if using the road?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
IMG_4950.JPG

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Compulsory wearing of head protection and high vis if using the road?

Nope. I do wear a helmet personally, but I don't think they should be made compulsory.

Have a watch of this:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nope. I do wear a helmet personally, but I don't think they should be made compulsory.

Have a watch of this:

Interesting viewing. A quick google search finds alternative research (as ever!) https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...-serious-head-injury-by-nearly-70-study-finds. No idea what the consensus view is but it would seem a sensible precaution when riding on the road (as you do) much like putting on a seat belt in a car. I expect most sensible cyclists already wear them and have high vis gear but I do see quite a few people weaving around in dark/ neutral clothing without a helmet .. their choice/risk I suppose.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Definition of promenade in English:-

1 A paved public walk, typically one along the seafront at a resort.

1.1 A leisurely walk, or sometimes a ride or drive, taken in a public place so as to meet or be seen by others.
‘an evening promenade’

1.2 (in country dancing) a movement in which couples follow one another in a given direction, each couple having both hands joined.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Pavement - To be used by cyclists on a country road so they don't get crushed by a tractor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here