Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Ryanair.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have booked flights for this coming weekend to go to Dublin with Mrs LLF, to visit her sister, who, unfortunately has been admitted into hospital for at least two weeks with an infection in her brain. I didn't get travel insurance, do Ryanair ever refund, fully or partially, the cost of flights? I'm not very optimistic, but, thought it worth asking if NSC in general has any experience of this.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I got a partial refund with Monarch this year because i was ATOL covered or something

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think they offer refunds.

They may offer a re-arrangement to a different date though if you pay a massive admin fee.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Phone them up. That's what i did. Process was straight forward for me. Got a cheque withing 30 days. It wasn't much though £45 or something from £287

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You are entitled to taxes back, subject to admin fee. Reality is you'll have to write them off I'm afraid

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't think they offer refunds.

They may offer a re-arrangement to a different date though if you pay a massive admin fee.

That's what I thought, Ive looked at Dublin hotel prices for this w/e and they start at about a grand for the 4 nights, which is outside of my budget so it looks like I may have to forgo the cost of the flights.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's what I thought, Ive looked at Dublin hotel prices for this w/e and they start at about a grand for the 4 nights, which is outside of my budget so it looks like I may have to forgo the cost of the flights.

Just a suggestion could you not ask them to change the return flight so fly out 1 day stay 1 night and then fly back.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Did you pay by credit card? Sometimes the credit company cover purchases.

I could, but, the whole point of going was to see my sister in law,and as she will be in Hospital for the entire time, there really isn't much of a reason to go now.

Sorry, I miss read your post, no, I paid on debit card.:shrug:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have booked flights for this coming weekend to go to Dublin with Mrs LLF, to visit her sister, who, unfortunately has been admitted into hospital for at least two weeks with an infection in her brain. I didn't get travel insurance, do Ryanair ever refund, fully or partially, the cost of flights? I'm not very optimistic, but, thought it worth asking if NSC in general has any experience of this.
You could see if you can rebook later hope the wife get better quickly.
I am reusing tickets this October to Shannon.

I don't know about Ryanair but you can certainly change the dates with Easyjet even if you bought a non-refundable non-flexible ticket. I was booked to fly to Spain on Thursday but needed to delay for two or three weeks. It cost me 60 quid for the new return flights but that's a lot cheaper than just writing off the cost of the original tickets and rebooking at a later date. It would have been only 30 quid if my new flights were 60 days away. Can't you do that on Ryanair?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

If it's just a bed,try a hostel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here