Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good News for the 2 Mr B's

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Forgot to mention earlier in the week that when a few of us went to watch Matty Ryan for the Socceroos against Thailand, we had quite a number of Thai fans recognising the shirts that we were wearing. To be fair a mixture of old v new and home v away, but the badge was commented on a number of times. Just goes to show the marketing power of the EPL, need to get selling Mr Barber!

Last edited:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Forgot to mention earlier in the week that when a few of us went to watch Matty Ryan for the Socceroos against Thailand, we had quite a number of Thai fans recognising the shirts that we were wearing. To be fair a mixture of old v new and home v away, but the badge was commented on a number of times. Just goes to show the marketing power of the EPL, need to get selling Mr Barber!

Mentioned it before but everyone in Indonesia knew about Brighton when I was there last winter. 'Always win at home' was a common phrase I heard. We were very popular with gamblers!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was on a work trip last month to Singapore and KL......in KL in particular they knew all about us, loads of questions/discussions. They are PL mad.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had the same experience in Hong Kong in July with ex-pats and Chinese offering congratulations on our promotion.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Same experience here. Nearly every local whom I meet, who is a football fan in Asia, has at least heard of us.

I even met one chap recently wearing an Albion shirt, and his reason for supporting us was simply that he worked for Amex in Hong Kong!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here