Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A wonderful defensive display today by Solly. After his strong performance, I wonder whether we may have inadvertently found a cracking new full back? Thoughts?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not a full back but working out well with Suttner

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
If (and only if) we end up playing with three at the back he might make a decent wing back. Needs to playing further forward than a out and out fullback though. Either way, he's been excellent so far this season.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Hard working defensive display and a threat offensively. He has definitely strengthened up physically and used his pace to make sure Burke didn't cause carnage when he came on.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Not a full back but still a great, hard working performance from him today.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Could be embarrassed on MOTD tonight if they choose to show his dive.

Very disappointed he did that. It's cheating, whether it's done by an opponent or an Albion player. Definite black mark for him in my view. Was very impressed by his defensive work today, though, on the plus side. (Also agree his crossing was disappointing until he set up Gross for the first goal).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think we did pretty well both defensively and attack wise on both sides of the pitch. Credit to all four players involved. In fact, we were pretty good all round today. Happy days.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Very disappointed he did that. It's cheating, whether it's done by an opponent or an Albion player. Definite black mark for him in my view. Was very impressed by his defensive work today, though, on the plus side. (Also agree his crossing was disappointing until he set up Gross for the first goal).

Absolutely - me too. I've never been shy in calling our players out for diving when I've seen it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Could be embarrassed on MOTD tonight if they choose to show his dive.

You know they will show it along with Murrays forearm smash. That's what the media does.

Thought Solly was very good, staying wide up the pitch and tracking back. Ran his socks off.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I mostly agree with you, and it was a definite dive, but in his defence, he was extremely tired at that point, having done a number of near-full-pitch intensive sprints, and it might just have been him giving himself an opportunity to get his breath back.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He's a lot stronger physically than many give him credit for, and he wasn't afraid to show it which was all the more impressive given we were playing Pulis' giants. I'd like him to believe in himself more on the ball. In the first half, their defenders just couldn't read him which made it all the more disappointing that he didn't go for it on the two or three occasions when he could have turned it on.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thought it was tiredness trying to buy a breather.

I mostly agree with you, and it was a definite dive, but in his defence, he was extremely tired at that point, having done a number of near-full-pitch intensive sprints, and it might just have been him giving himself an opportunity to get his breath back.

Pretty disappointing to see Albion fans trying to "justify" cheating by an Albion player.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Yeah it was embarrassing. Right in front of us too. He's way better than that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here