Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Sport

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This may have been asked but the search facility on NSC doesnt work so if so apologies in advance. Oct 1st game away to Arsenal is on BT Sport I understand that you cannot get this with a Now TV box but reading the forums it says that you can with a chromecast so does this mean I will be able to watch it on my Roku stick? Depending on the answer as to whether I book a day or months Now TV Sports pass pre Bournemouth. Many thanks

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
This may have been asked but the search facility on NSC doesnt work so if so apologies in advance. Oct 1st game away to Arsenal is on BT Sport I understand that you cannot get this with a Now TV box but reading the forums it says that you can with a chromecast so does this mean I will be able to watch it on my Roku stick? Depending on the answer as to whether I book a day or months Now TV Sports pass pre Bournemouth. Many thanks

BT sport is a rival to Sky, so no you cannot get it on NowTV.

Chromecast doesn't get anything itself, you just send video to it from something else (eg laptop or mobile phone) for it to play on your TV.

Your Roku stick has many things on it but BT Sport is not one, and chromecast is not two.

If you can find a moody stream on your laptop/PC/phone and you have a chromecast dongle (like a Roku stick) stuck in the back of your telly you can 'cast' it to the chromecast.

You may be able to DLNA 'cast' to the Roku if you have an app such as Plex on it to receive the cast.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Do you use BT as your internet provider ? In which case you can watch online.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BT sport is a rival to Sky, so no you cannot get it on NowTV.

Chromecast doesn't get anything itself, you just send video to it from something else (eg laptop or mobile phone) for it to play on your TV.

Your Roku stick has many things on it but BT Sport is not one, and chromecast is not two.

If you can find a moody stream on your laptop/PC/phone and you have a chromecast dongle (like a Roku stick) stuck in the back of your telly you can 'cast' it to the chromecast.

You may be able to DLNA 'cast' to the Roku if you have an app such as Plex on it to receive the cast.

Many thanks for that but I dont really understand what I need to do to watch the Arsenal game. If it comes within the realms of streaming and putting NSC in potential trouble perhaps you could send me a message giving more details if that is permitted. It is the last line about DLNA cast that I dont understand.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Even if don't have BT sport.?

Yes. I got a deal for £3 a month as part of my broadband. Can watch it online through different mediums. Worth it as I like watching the Rugby too. If you want it just ring their customer services. You can have it added or, even better, If you are out of minimum contract negotiate a new deal that includes it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not have BT for anything as to my mind they are too expensive but my middle son has them for Internet I think, so if he came to my house could he log into his BT account and watch it on my laptop?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I do not have BT for anything as to my mind they are too expensive but my middle son has them for Internet I think, so if he came to my house could he log into his BT account and watch it on my laptop?

Yes BG, providing he's paying for BT Sport.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
I got the BT deal via EE (free for 3 months) then cheap after that. I hoped to stream the BT Sport app via Chromecast to the TV but though they allow streaming if you are a BT subscriber they don't via the deal so I can only watch it on my phone, a bit small but better than nothing, though I have a sim converter for my tablet to try sometime. It is said that you can watch it on TV if you have Windows 10 as you can then channel the BT Sport app via a lead to your TV.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Yes. I got a deal for £3 a month as part of my broadband. Can watch it online through different mediums. Worth it as I like watching the Rugby too. If you want it just ring their customer services. You can have it added or, even better, If you are out of minimum contract negotiate a new deal that includes it.

Thanks for that. I will give it a go.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was thinking about buying either a chromecast from Currys or E Bay for £30 or an Amazon Firestick for £39.99 which would be the better to buy as it appears from the last post that a chromecast to the TV will not work.

Sir-Len

Oct 28, 2012
Berkshire
Go to a pub with screens, nurse one pint through 90 mins, it'll cost 4 quid give or take and you'll not have to bother anyone to set up some fancy tech for you. The chances of us being on BT Sport more than half a dozen times means your local pub season ticket will cost around or less than £24, cheaper than any other avenue you have described.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Go to a pub with screens, nurse one pint through 90 mins, it'll cost 4 quid give or take and you'll not have to bother anyone to set up some fancy tech for you. The chances of us being on BT Sport more than half a dozen times means your local pub season ticket will cost around or less than £24, cheaper than any other avenue you have described.

True but I object to paying the price of a pint in a pub and would rather watch the game at home during this and hopefully a few more seasons so the money would be well invested.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
True but I object to paying the price of a pint in a pub and would rather watch the game at home during this and hopefully a few more seasons so the money would be well invested.

So you are the reason so many pubs are closing down.

lugsy

Sep 2, 2009
If he has BT sport then exactly that or you could login yourself with his username etc and then connect the laptop to the tv via hdmi lead or vga (no sound with this option) and watch it on there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you are the reason so many pubs are closing down.

I do not set the prices in pubs which incidentally this area is 3rd most expensive in the UK (another thread) and I do not have the where with all to frequent them very often. Perhaps if they set the prices more competitive more people would use them again and more would survive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here