Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Roll call for last goal scored in the top flight!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So who else was at Carrow Road May 1983 when Gordon Smith netted and will be at the Amex tomorrow? :wave: Must be less than a dozen of us on NSC given time that's elapsed and the low turnout because of the cup final following week - are we the ultimate UBER fans?! :kiss:

Seriously, I can barely remember the goal actually (was it a consolation?) but do remember a hot sunny day, being called Seaweed walking up to the ground and the thinly populated away terrace. That and some knobheads burning Norwich scarves and hanging them from the fence - always a clever thing to do when stands were made from wood...???

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was there when Gary Stevens scored that team's last goal - at Wembley.

Cup, not top flight, even if it was your first game of the season ;)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Last top flight home goal?

I'm thinking Terry Connor against Coventry but not 100% sure.

Good call! I've no idea though - anyone?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Yep I was there. It was pretty hostile as the turnip lovers still hadn't forgiven us for knocking them out of the FA Cup.

D

Deleted User X18H

Sitting at home in Hangleton stroking my Cup Final ticket.

It was also my mates 14th Birthday I think we had a slap up lunch at his. Sadly he is no longer with us.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
My first top flight Albion match today since the one at Notts County that Foster got booked in to miss the final.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sitting at home in Hangleton stroking my Cup Final ticket.

It was also my mates 14th Birthday I think we had a slap up lunch at his. Sadly he is no longer with us.

Sorry read that. Do you know I've never seen the cup final ticket, any chance you could scan and put on here please? Certainly the willy wonka of all golden tickets!

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So who else was at Carrow Road May 1983 when Gordon Smith netted and will be at the Amex tomorrow? :wave: Must be less than a dozen of us on NSC given time that's elapsed and the low turnout because of the cup final following week - are we the ultimate UBER fans?! :kiss:
Yes, I was there.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
i was there. Locals tried it on when we were in there boozer but no one takes libraries with my old firm so gave them a shoeing
regards
DR

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes. The good old days where you could park virtually outside the ground as no restrictions. So back in the car very quickly so missed out on the after game fun with the locals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No didn't go to that, went to the last home game vs Man City, that effectively sent us down. Alex Williams had a blinder for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here