Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commonwealth Games - who cares???

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Blimey! In your world is 12 minutes a long time?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So Birmingham gets the nod to proceed to the next stage of bidding. Big deal. Does anybody give a flying fig about these third rate games, really?

A UK city winning the right to host the games = major investment in sports facilities.

Major investment in sports facilities = work coming my way = bonus = I care.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Have to say that I tend to watch the major athletics events when they are on... and the CG ARE a major event, so yes I'll be watching.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Queen will care

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Yeah, I care . One of my mates is the defending 50 metre butterfly gold medal holder, one Ben Proud. He should get gold at the next olympic games. That's reason enough for me to watch it and care.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I have more interest in these games (comparing it to, say, the London Olympics, when I loved the whole event), than I would about any tennis event that's on, outside of Wimbledon. For me, tennis is only interesting for the biggee, I really don't care if Johanna Konta is through to the 2nd round of the Cincinnati Open.

But athletics, I can enjoy much more broadly.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I love running and spend a lot of time each week outside running around. But I really can't stand watching it on the TV. Marathons are a bit different because there's more going on, but track running is JUST a bore for me. I know a lot of people who get really into all the games though, so clearly there is interest generally.

Just not from me. Bring back the proper football!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Birmingham City and Aston Villa might care, one of them could be getting a new stadium in 5 years...

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Should be good - some lesser lights get a chance to shine.

Like when in Glasgow, the 'ex fat jogger' Steve Way was interviewed by Gary Lineker after getting the nod for the English team in the marathon and leading it and one point. Great story

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does anybody give a flying fig about these third rate games, really?
Bit harsh. Obviously it's not football, but there's nothing wrong with minority sports.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I care. Went to Glasgow and enjoyed the Sevens and the athletics. Would definitely go again if Birmingham won the bid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here