Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3rd Investec Test Match - England v West Indies - Lords

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The decider starts today the home of cricket - Lords

Weather looks a bit patch over the 5 days, I wonder which Windies team will turn up this morning..........

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We've discussed this before, on here, but the situation with overseas players in County cricket is ridiculous now.

Yorkshire sign Brathwaite for TWO Championship matches http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/41160539

Two games from the end of a county season, with Yorkshire potentially needing results to avoid relegation, and they can bring in a new player? Absolute bullshit.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We've discussed this before, on here, but the situation with overseas players in County cricket is ridiculous now.

Yorkshire sign Brathwaite for TWO Championship matches http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/41160539

Two games from the end of a county season, with Yorkshire potentially needing results to avoid relegation, and they can bring in a new player? Absolute bullshit.

And more eye opening a county in debt that still signs and poaches players from counties not in debt then puts them on big money contracts.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Windies won toss and will bat

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
WICKET!

Brathers gone, caught behind off Jimmy.

Wicket number 498 for Jimmy :clap2:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And more eye opening a county in debt that still signs and poaches players from counties not in debt then puts them on big money contracts.
Even more disappointing when there is SO much young talent in Yorkshire, but very many are ending up looking to other counties to further their career once they get anywhere near first team standard.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Delay - rain

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
22/2 499th wicket for Jimmy

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Going off at a tangent alert: would Anderson and/or Broad make it into your all time England side (matches not necessarily played in England)? If not who would?

Anderson would be the number ONE pick in my all-time England side.

The man is a genius.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Going off at a tangent alert: would Anderson and/or Broad make it into your all time England side (matches not necessarily played in England)? If not who would?

All-time side of players I've seen? Anderson would, Broad wouldn't. All-time England side? Neither would

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All-time side of players I've seen? Anderson would, Broad wouldn't. All-time England side? Neither would

I was replying in terms of 'my life-time', but even stretching it to all-time, Anderson surely deserves his place, opening the bowling with Sydney Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here