Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank lampard talks a lot of sense

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Always found him to be one of the more articulate and pragmatic footballers.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/september/lampards-praise-for-albions-rise/

Good write up by James Hilsum

Legendary former England and Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard praised the way in which Brighton & Hove Albion have worked their way up to the Premier League.

Lampard spoke after taking part in a question and answer session with Albion's academy players, and feels the club has progressed in the right manner.

He said, “I’m hugely impressed with everything here and so much credit goes to the owner, who’s really invested well in a club that’s very close to his heart, and that’s a fantastic story in itself.

“I was here for the first game against Manchester City, and there was a great atmosphere at the stadium. The club has a brilliant training facility too, which bodes well; it’s not a short-term thing, it’s a long-term vision.

“I’m well aware of the story of how the fans dug in to save the club many years ago, and it’s a great story.

“This is a club I have a great feeling for and I hope they manage to be successful, stay up and keep moving in the right direction.”

Chelsea’s record goalscorer believes the togetherness within the Albion squad will carry them far as they continue their top-flight journey.

“As much as Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City make the Premier League what it is, so do the likes of Brighton and Burnley.

“Other leagues don’t have the same competitive nature. A team fighting relegation can give the top teams a tough game.

“We need to embrace the fact that Brighton are here, not through spending millions and millions of pounds, but through sticking with a squad that’s got them there in the first place. You want to see positive results for them.

“They play as a team, which was their real strength last year. With the spirit they have, they’ve got every chance.”

The former England international also spoke about yesterday’s event and hopes the club’s younger players will take his words on board.

“At that age you have to be a sponge. I had a behind-the-scenes insight at West Ham because my dad was there and I was able to see how the first-team players trained and how they did things.

“It was nice to give back to some of the younger players here; I spoke about putting in the hard work, and being willing to listen and work hard on all aspects of your game.

"I want them to think how about how they can ultimately end up playing a first-team game for Brighton.”

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Always found him to be one of the more articulate and pragmatic footballers.

I've always quite liked him, he's very intelligent and certainly someone young players should listen too. Isn't his IQ something ridiculously high even by Mensa standards, I know he has an A* in GCSE Latin (I doubt there is another footballer who can claim that).

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yeah thanks Frank,

“As much as Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City make the Premier League what it is, so do the likes of Brighton and Burnley. A team fighting relegation can give the top teams a tough game." :lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I've always quite liked him, he's very intelligent and certainly someone young players should listen too. Isn't his IQ something ridiculously high even by Mensa standards, I know he has an A* in GCSE Latin (I doubt there is another footballer who can claim that).

I think Brian Mc Clair did

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeah thanks Frank,

“As much as Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City make the Premier League what it is, so do the likes of Brighton and Burnley. A team fighting relegation can give the top teams a tough game." :lolol:

See Crystal Palace results the end of last season.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Is this 'sense talking' Frank Lampard the same one who decided that we would not stay up this season only minutes after our opening game defeat to Manchester City?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nisi spiritu credendi nihil

D

Deleted member 2719

Is this 'sense talking' Frank Lampard the same one who decided that we would not stay up this season only minutes after our opening game defeat to Manchester City?

Exactly he seems fully of his uncle Harry's blag.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Let me explain, it's really quite simple ...

When he praises us, our chairman, our stadium and our set-up he 'talks a lot of sense'.
When he says we look like certain relegation candidates he's 'talking out of his arse'.

Ditto any other commentator.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

He stated it was based on our signings. He asked Hughton if he intends to bring a striker in. How is that any different to what a lot of people on here werre saying...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I hope Fattus Frankus enjoys his GCSE in Latin.

Leave Latin alone. I've got a GCE (which is obviously much better than a GCSE) and an A-level in Latin. It has stood me in good stead, particularly when I have wanted to say things like "The daughters of the farmers have laid waste the fields of the roman centurions" to someone who has been dead for 2000 years.

Having said that, it has often helped with understanding my own language, the origins of words, working out what words mean that you have never come across before.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That was a thread about people who have made the most of the talent they have.

Frank is that man. Not the quickest, not the strongest, not the most skilful, not the fittest at the start, but my god he turned himself into a wonderful player.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Leave Latin alone. I've got a GCE (which is obviously much better than a GCSE) and an A-level in Latin. It has stood me in good stead, particularly when I have wanted to say things like "The daughters of the farmers have laid waste the fields of the roman centurions" to someone who has been dead for 2000 years.

Having said that, it has often helped with understanding my own language, the origins of words, working out what words mean that you have never come across before.

I have a Grade B O' Level. In lecto recumbit and all that. :thumbsup: Helps with roots of words and ideal for (Telegraph) crosswords!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

He was ASKED if we will stay up. Blame the question on live TV.

He was a pundit. He's not going to say "I'm not answering that question".

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
That was a thread about people who have made the most of the talent they have.

Frank is that man. Not the quickest, not the strongest, not the most skilful, not the fittest at the start, but my god he turned himself into a wonderful player.

Yep, and I love players like this, you just know everything he has acheived he worked his nuts off for, not just relying on talent or a bit of pace as it were.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here