Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sparks - Edith Piaf (said it better than me)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I met them a few years back when they were at the Dome. They walked into my shop and I recognised them straight away despite being 35 years older than when they were on TOTP's. Great couple and and had time for a long chat about stuff.

I envy both of the above posters as a) I've never met them (Sparks or the posters) and b) I won't be going to any dates on the tour (for sundry reasons that will be of no interest I'm sure.)

Five decades indeed, I still listen to Halfnelson and Woofer almost daily as despite being over 45 years old they still sound fresh to me, as for Propaganda and Kimono, works of art. I never went off them even through their "Gillingham years" (Outer Space, Rabbits, Angst etc) a great comeback with GS&SV and proud as that my son who was 7 at the time learnt every word to the FFS album.....
I'm waffling now, sorry everyone

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I met them a few years back when they were at the Dome. They walked into my shop and I recognised them straight away despite being 35 years older than when they were on TOTP's. Great couple and and had time for a long chat about stuff.
Was that where Russell was dressed like one of the Von Trapp children? That night was very 'avant-garde'.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does the brother still look like Hitler?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
I envy both of the above posters as a) I've never met them (Sparks or the posters) and b) I won't be going to any dates on the tour (for sundry reasons that will be of no interest I'm sure.)

Five decades indeed, I still listen to Halfnelson and Woofer almost daily as despite being over 45 years old they still sound fresh to me, as for Propaganda and Kimono, works of art. I never went off them even through their "Gillingham years" (Outer Space, Rabbits, Angst etc) a great comeback with GS&SV and proud as that my son who was 7 at the time learnt every word to the FFS album.....

I bet your son loved singing "Piss Off" or did you draw the line at that? :wink:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This town ain't big enough-absolute classic.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
They were the first live band I ever saw - at the Wintergardens in Penzance in about 1974.
Fantastic!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Learnt the words, what even to Piss Off? Shame on you as a parent! :lolol:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Just found out that they're coming to Tokes for two gigs next month.

I will go to both.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here