Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester - Adrien Silva

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
FIFA have rejected Leicester’s registration of Adrien Silva…because they missed the deadline by 14 seconds.

[tweet]905347758739128320[/tweet]

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
They should have got their business wrapped up earlier.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
That's what happens when a club leaves everything to the last minute.

No excuses for them. No excuses for us.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That's what happens when a club leaves everything to the last minute.

No excuses for them. No excuses for us.
Expect better from you...

It is obviously counterintuitive in the context of all normal transactions but leaving it to the last minute is precisely what most top level football clubs are UNABLE to avoid with a lot of transfer deals. I don't really understand exactly how or why it is like that other than a simple logic that clubs with decent players hold onto them until they have replacements lined up and/or have extracted the maximum value from the competitive market.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Did they register at 23:00 &14 seconds or 23:01 &14 seconds? Do the rules say must be registered by 23:00? If so, surely the first example would have been good enough. Maybe they say, registered by 22:59 & 59 seconds. :shrug:

It probably took 15 seconds minimum to get it through the fax! #fifalivinginthedarkages

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Quite right.

Rules is rules.

Entirely their fault for not being urgent enough with the transfer - they had from June 10th to complete it !!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No sympathy from me, if you leave things are to the last minute you are always at risk of something like this.

To take a purely hypothetical comparison, if someone had 7 years to register their child for a free football shirt, but missed the deadline by a few weeks and then went online to rant and rave about how appallingly their club had treated them, how much sympathy would they be likely to get?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
No sympathy from me, if you leave things are to the last minute you are always at risk of something like this.

To take a purely hypothetical comparison, if someone had 7 years to register their child for a free football shirt, but missed the deadline by a few weeks and then went online to rant and rave about how appallingly their club had treated them, how much sympathy would they be likely to get?

:dunce: disgusting #fansnotcustomers

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I laughed out loud at this!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No excuses for them. .

Surely the selling team being slow/leaving things late would be be a very good excuse.

It's a two way thing.

People should watch the Bleacher Report video on Sheffield United's deadline day to see how agents/selling team can suddenly pull the rug when everything seemed done.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here