Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Auf Wiedersehen Holger Czukay

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Just heard this, and am now listening to Soon Over Babaluma. Danke schoen Holger.

With the news about Walter Becker, this has been a rough few days for fans of seventies music.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a number of Can albums in my collection. A fantastic and influential band way way ahead of their time. RIP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just heard this, and am now listening to Soon Over Babaluma. Danke schoen Holger.

With the news about Walter Becker, this has been a rough few days for fans of seventies music.

I have this on my iPod. I'll join you.

Attachments

• IMG_7845.JPG
    IMG_7845.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 390

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I wish I had been cool enough to have listened to Can in the 70s but came to them much later. Without Can there would be no Radiohead and so many more. Went to a number of events to celebrate punk's 40th anniversary last year and so many people, Buzzcocks etc. named Can as an influence. RIP Holger. Not been a good week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBxIomKDzcE

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Given that he introduced the notion of sampling to popular music, he's arguably the most influential musician of the last 30 or so years. What a great loss to the world, and so soon after Jaki. Can were, are and ever will be my favourite band and he was at the heart of it. RIP Holger

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Given that he introduced the notion of sampling to popular music, he's arguably the most influential musician of the last 30 or so years. What a great loss to the world, and so soon after Jaki. Can were, are and ever will be my favourite band and he was at the heart of it. RIP Holger

Just finished listening to Tago Mago in homage.....wow oh wow oh wow! Even 45 years or so on, it is still so refreshingly different.......brilliant.....uplifting.....

TNBA

TTF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies for missing this thread and starting another one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here