Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Electricians out there ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Can anyone advise me . When it comes to electrics I am pretty useless and basically have a fear of touching ,tampering with anything electrical.

I have noticed that my earth wire has become detached from the pipework at the bottom of my cupboard . I believe its just a case of attaching , but is it dangerous to be left unattached for any period of time . Obviously if its just a case of attaching i will do ,but does it have to be attached to a certain part ? Am i at risk of electric shocks in the mean time ?

Many thanks

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Part P qualified.

All piping and bath and sink fixtures are earthed for a reason.

If there is any faulty wiring and it comes into contact with metal it'll make the metal live as metal is a good conductor. Earth bonding is its name Google it to see the problems of faulty earth bonding. Just reattach the earth wire to the pipe via its fitting. Should be a clamp screw.

All will be good in your world again. It might be worthwhile having your electrical system checked if earthing wires are coming loose.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Part P qualified.

All piping and bath and sink fixtures are earthed for a reason.

If there is any faulty wiring and it comes into contact with metal it'll make the metal live as metal is a good conductor. Earth bonding is its name Google it to see the problems of faulty earth bonding. Just reattach the earth wire to the pipe via its fitting. Should be a clamp screw.

All will be good in your world again. It might be worthwhile having your electrical system checked if earthing wires are coming loose.
Although you only need worry about main gas/water these days if RCD protected haven't done supplementary bonding for ages.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
People who know nothing much about electricity often end up wishing they had asked some advice , Brucey thought himself a bit of a DIY guru, here he is wiring up the outdoor Koi pond . .

pain.gif

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If you dont have any eyebrows on Saturday, I promise not to laugh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here