Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Walter Becker

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh no !!!! not Walter Becker as well ! RIP 50% of the worlds smoothest band.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Made some fantastic music with Donald Fagen.
RIP Walter.

Really sad to hear that - 67's no age these days. Steely Dan were an astonishing band. Will get some on the old record deck this evening in his honour.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Here's one of my favourites: Bodhisattva off Countdown to Ecstasy:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Oh no! One of my all time favourite bands. Any Major Dude being just one of many superb tracks. RIP Mr Becker, thanks so much for the enjoyment you gave.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And how about this little classic

You probably know that this was not a love song but a song about Rick Derringer the guitarist who worked with Steely Dan ? They wanted him to join their band but Rick opted not to but there was no falling out and Becker and Fagen penned this song about it... Hence " Ricky don't lose that number, you don't want to call nobody else " was an open invitation to come back and work with them anytime.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh no! One of my all time favourite bands. Any Major Dude being just one of many superb tracks. RIP Mr Becker, thanks so much for the enjoyment you gave.

Indeed, Any Major Dude is right up there with the best....nostalgia time tonight I think. Could probably play all their albums back to back without a duff track.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008

RIP Walter. Steely Dan provided much of the soundtrack of my years at university. For me this little angst ridden classic is their best

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here