Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
1) Wales win with goal scored by 17 year old
2) Duffy scores for ROI
3) Spain play most of game without a recognised striker and beat Italy 3-0

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
No team that has failed to score in their 1st three games have ever been relegated from the PL

We are only 3 games in and have a decent squad with players than can make the difference between survival and relegation

We have played two of our harder games this season already, whereas other teams we are competing with have had (on paper) far easier matches to start their campaign, and despite that, we are of the mark and are out of the bottom 3

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All is not lost but we have managed to make life much more difficult than it should be. The head in the sand denial on here is nearly as bad as the daft Bloom must go threads.

Sorry, probably posted this on the wrong thread.

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Jong-un Kim hasn't wiped out an entire planet yet. :shrug:

I have a nice comfy seat at the Amex

We are still in the Premier League.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
The record of relegated teams the past few years would suggest the bottom of the Premier League is a lower standard than the top of the Championship. So we should still have a chance.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We seem to be consumed by the SCORING of goals. Not conceding is just as vital. Generally relegated teams concede well over 60 goals. A couple of years ago Man Utd finished 5th, and only out-scored Sunderland (17th) by one goal.

From what I've seen to date we are well organised and pretty decent defensively. If we can play to our strengths we CAN survive.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We seem to be consumed by the SCORING of goals. Not conceding is just as vital. Generally relegated teams concede well over 60 goals. A couple of years ago Man Utd finished 5th, and only out-scored Sunderland (17th) by one goal.

From what I've seen to date we are well organised and pretty decent defensively. If we can play to our strengths we CAN survive.

We will get shredded playing the negative way and scoring goals is a huge ingredient and far more important than conceding.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We've played one home game against one of the best teams in the league. We've taken a point away from home against one of our rivals.

Our survival will be concentrated on home games against bottom 10 sides and picking up points off of them away from home.

Let's have another look at end of October.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
* We haven't lost for two weeks and will be three when we play WBA.

* We are only two points behind Arsenal.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
We're going to finish 16th and no,I don't have any statistics to back this up.:albion2:

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All is not lost but we have managed to make life much more difficult than it should be. The head in the sand denial on here is nearly as bad as the daft Bloom must go threads.

Not too sure people having hope is 'head in the sand' Icy ..I will go to most matches this season more in hope than expectation

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1) Wales win with goal scored by 17 year old
We won't let a 17 year old anywhere near our first team (other than a couple of minutes in a League Cup match).

2) Duffy scores for ROI
That's his quota for the season then.

3) Spain play most of game without a recognised striker and beat Italy 3-0
We won't be playing Italy very often.........................

Just joshing - I'm actually quite hopeful that we'll stay up, albeit probably by the skin of our teeth.

theboybilly

No head in the sand here but how many points did you expect us to have after the three matches we've played so far?

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

No you are quite right we have handicapped ourselves unnecessarily and could have had it much easier than I think we will now

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
We've played one home game against one of the best teams in the league. We've taken a point away from home against one of our rivals.

Our survival will be concentrated on home games against bottom 10 sides and picking up points off of them away from home.

Let's have another look at end of October.
I think that's the best way to look at the situation. Go on a 5-game cycle and review and analise each month.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No team that has failed to score in their 1st three games have ever been relegated from the PL

We are only 3 games in and have a decent squad with players than can make the difference between survival and relegation

We have played two of our harder games this season already, whereas other teams we are competing with have had (on paper) far easier matches to start their campaign, and despite that, we are of the mark and are out of the bottom 3

This :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here