Who will start in goal V West Brom

• Ryan

Votes: 201 67.0%
  • Krul

Votes: 99 33.0%

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's going to be like the Alamo against West Brom and Ryan doesn't look good to me in those circumstances. For that reason I'd put Krul in.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You dont chop and change your keeper, let Ryan build an understanding with his defence, if it isn't working THEN bring in Krul. Right now it is working perfectly fine.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Because he's s goalie too :facepalm:

Because he'd be more effective against the direct giants of a Pulis team. Crosses, set pieces, terrority, long throw ins and blocking of the opposition goalie. Pulis is the master.

Do you ever watch WBA?

Should we have Sanchez on the poll then too?

Do you really think that Hughton is going to start Maenpaa over £5m Ryan or a deadline day signing that has six years experience in the PL?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Whoever plays against West Brom the decision was made at the time Krul was signed. Hughton knew if he would play Krul the moment the Albion signed him.

I believe Ryan is still #1 and Krul is #2 but the evidence of another possible #1 in the side keeps a gk's eyes open and alert. Maybe less balls left in front of the goal to be kicked in on a rebound.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8106916 said:
Do you really think that Hughton is going to start Maenpaa over £5m Ryan or a deadline day signing that has six years experience in the PL?

Don't see why he shouldn't be an option. From what I have seen I have more confidence in Maenpaa than Ryan (the £5 mil has nothing to do with it)... Chucking Krul straight in against West Brom would be very premature, though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assume if Ryan has his second clean sheet in 4 matches, v West Brom, all this kind of bullshit has to disappear.
Unless of course posters who think MR is shithouse will stick to their opinion no matter what.

#GreatestFans.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I assume if Ryan has his second clean sheet in 4 matches, v West Brom, all this kind of bullshit has to disappear.
Unless of course posters who think MR is shithouse will stick to their opinion no matter what.

#GreatestFans.

Not having a go at the bloke. Ryan makes world class saves and is better technically than DS imho. It's the fact that you know he has a potential simple mistake in him every game that's the worry. I really do hope he proves himself, but having a keeper with those kind of prone mistakes is the last thing we need if trying to stay up.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Don't see why he shouldn't be an option. From what I have seen I have more confidence in Maenpaa than Ryan (the £5 mil has nothing to do with it)... Chucking Krul straight in against West Brom would be very premature, though.

If Maenpaa was going to start PL match then Hughton would have already made that decision. Why would he do it after acquiring Krul?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8106916 said:
Should we have Sanchez on the poll then too?

Slight difference between Maenpaa and Sanchez don't u think

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here