Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Italian Grand Prix

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great driving from Lewis in the rain has Pole, Stroll 2nd, Ocan 3rd. Vettel down in 6th at Ferrari's home Grand Prix.

Some ridiculous grid penalties too. Vettel went up two places due to Ricciardo and Verstappen having penalties.

Should be a good one in the fastest GP on the circuit with plenty of overtaking opportunities

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
???

I think you may have misunderstood my post.

Maybe, I assumed you were suggesting Alonso deserved to have that many grid penalties ??

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe, I assumed you were suggesting Alonso deserved to have that many grid penalties ??
Firstly, I've not been watching, so I don't know whether he deserved any kind of penalty at all. In terms of 35 places when the grid is just 20 cars, I assume perhaps 35 is the limit on how many cars can be on the grid, so it just means 'however many start this race, you're starting from the back'?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Firstly, I've not been watching, so I don't know whether he deserved any kind of penalty at all. In terms of 35 places when the grid is just 20 cars, I assume perhaps 35 is the limit on how many cars can be on the grid, so it just means 'however many start this race, you're starting from the back'?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/131589/renault-drivers-latest-to-take-grid-penalties

Ridiculous that drivers are penalised for engine and gear box replacements imo. Be much fairer to take points off the teams in the constructor's Championship imo and let the drivers start where they qualified.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
True, should stick to driving and being a gangsta

Maybe it's just me but I don't see Lewis as being that good at the gangsta thing. He strikes me as the most famous person who has yet to come out. That would get the petrol heads going if it happened but probably not in keeping with Russian sponsors and the like so I'm sure we will never know.

A poem to the peoples princess is certainly more Ali G than Biggy and Tupac.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Nothing to do with how many cars, there's a tariff for engine and gearbox replacements - an effort by the FIA to try and make the manufacturers consider reliability too. In 2015 the Maclaren Honda had a 105 place grid penalty due to the number of changes they had made for the next race.

Watched the Qally highlights earlier - great quip from the Welsh one - "Alonso has a 35 place grid penalty and so starts from .... Spa"
I did a genuine LOL

I can see him going to Indy next season - he's had enough of making up the numbers now.

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Good solid win for Hamilton led from the off never troubled. Now three points cleatr of Vettel. Bottas second and Vettel third.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here