Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here's an idea but what are the rulesL

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
A player is desperate to leave the Club that he is currently under contract to and he knows that another club wants to sign him and he wants to join them but the parent club is unwilling to sell. The Player decides to get sacked as he thinks that he will then be unattached. What are the rules, if any, to stop this from happening? Has this been tried before?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Mornington Crescent.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
"Decides to get sacked" .... hmmm ... surely the club makes that decision not the player ? If I owned a club and a valuable player purposely tried to get sacked I'd just keep fining them their wages - not fire them.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
To be honest, I think some players put themselves in the shop window just to get a pay rise from their existing clubs.
They don't want the upheaval of moving house and country etc.just want extra $, so they say they want a transfer, get close to doing the deal and settle for a % increase on their existing deal.
It happens in industry so why not in sport.
In industry we call them time wasters.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'm sure I read somewhere that If a player becomes a free agent after the transfer window has shut, he is not available until the window reopens.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'm sure I read somewhere that If a player becomes a free agent after the transfer window has shut, he is not available until the window reopens.

Pretty sure that's correct
I would also think no clubs going to fire a player they could potentially get decent money for. Look at Costa he's in Brazil seemingly with little intention at this time of returning to Chelsea. If he was an everyday working man he would be sacked. He won't be though as he's worth £30-£40 million so Chelsea will just fine him his wages I should think tillJanuary when Madrid will no doubt buy him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Look, there is no way around transfer windows, no matter how clever the suggestion may appear.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Look, there is no way around transfer windows, no matter how clever the suggestion may appear.
How about if a player is declared dead by a doctor, and then they make a recovery?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
A player is desperate to leave the Club that he is currently under contract to and he knows that another club wants to sign him and he wants to join them but the parent club is unwilling to sell. The Player decides to get sacked as he thinks that he will then be unattached. What are the rules, if any, to stop this from happening? Has this been tried before?

Ah, Wayne Rooney then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here