Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking forward to seeing over 1,000 fans at Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just tried to book a ticket, but our allocation has sold out. :cry:

Great that well over 1,000 fans will be there cheering on the team though!

There might only be 400, with 600 or so cashing in on 10 loyalty points for £10....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
section01_txt.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The club needs to do something about it. Perhaps anyone who buys a ticket but doesn't actually attend should get a 10 point deduction ?

Be a lot of crying if that happened but it would be well deserved as there are people who might genuinely want to go who can't , or maybe ban any non attenders from buying away tickets for the next 5 away matches if they can't provide good proof as to why they didn't go after buying a ticket and not returning it when not wanted

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Depends what side of the fence you sit on - if you've got enough loyalty points to get the attractive ties then this is going to piss you off. If you haven't got enough points and missed out on away tickets to games, and see the loyalty point gap getting bigger on games you couldn't get a ticket for, then you'll be all over this to bump up your numbers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club needs to do something about it. Perhaps anyone who buys a ticket but doesn't actually attend should get a 10 point deduction ?

Be a lot of crying if that happened but it would be well deserved as there are people who might genuinely want to go who can't , or maybe ban any non attenders from buying away tickets for the next 5 away matches if they can't provide good proof as to why they didn't go after buying a ticket and not returning it when not wanted

And just how do they do that?

It would require the host club, Bournemouth in this case, to be able to supply a file of all tickets scanned. Beyond that, the Albion would need to know that EVERY club we play will do the same, in order to be seen to be consistent and fair.

Do all clubs electronically scan tickets, or do some have manually operated entry where an attendant simply tears a strip from the ticket at point of entry?

If electronic scanning can be done, what would the club do, for example, when a fan comes forward and says "my ticket wouldn't scan because it was wet and smudged"?

I just can't see there's the appetite for taking on that hassle.

And, finally, some have said the club didn't even bother to not allocate point to non-attendees of the Barnet tie. If they can't/won't do it for home games where they are in full control and have full access to the required data, why will the club pursue something like this for away games?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

It would require the host club, Bournemouth in this case, to be able to supply a file of all tickets scanned. Beyond that, the Albion would need to know that EVERY club we play will do the same, in order to be seen to be consistent and fair.

Do all clubs electronically scan tickets, or do some have manually operated entry where an attendant simply tears a strip from the ticket at point of entry?

If electronic scanning can be done, what would the club do, for example, when a fan comes forward and says "my ticket wouldn't scan because it was wet and smudged"?

And, finally, some have said the club didn't even bother to not allocate point to non-attendees of the Barnet tie. If they can't/won't do it for home games where they are in full control and have full access to the required data, why will the club pursue something like this for away games?

It's jumping a fence before it appears but if there is a half empty away end then maybe something would be done or be seen to be done ?

theboybilly

I agree but Bozza's reply answers it well. Where were these people at Rotherham last season? Or the season before that

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I seem to remember a thread on here a thread about Manchester Utd doing exactly this. Seemed over the top when
I read it but maybe I underestimated the devious me me me attitude of some people. If the club don't do something about this issue then they may as well scrap the loyalty scheme and replace with an auction pre season where highest bid wins the tickets.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I seem to remember a thread on here a thread about Manchester Utd doing exactly this. Seemed over the top when
I read it but maybe I underestimated the devious me me me attitude of some people. If the club don't do something about this issue then they may as well scrap the loyalty scheme and replace with an auction pre season where highest bid wins the tickets.
Perhaps they could just sell loyalty point bundles ?

£10 for 5 points ? ???

Saves all this hassle, and puts money in the coffers. And leaves tickets free for those who actually want to go to the game.

Win-Win-Win, really.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Simple solution if we're really worried about buying points.

Instead of sending the away tickets out, the Albion state that they must be collected on the day of the game outside of the away game. You turn up with your email conformation and are given the ticket and a tick for attending.

If you don't collect the ticket, you don't get the points,

Downside is how early you need to get to the game to ensure entry.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the real issue for this one is the number of points allocated for the distance and importance of the fixture and the cost of the ticket.

10 points for £10 for a trip down the road to Bournemouth. Why is that twice the loyalty points of the league fixture at 5 points for £30 for a ticket?

What the club are seemingly doing is using loyalty points to attract a bigger gate for us, which is not really the point is it? Why is someone more twice as loyal going to a League Cup fixture as a League fixture to the same place for a same week day evening KO?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe if the points system is being abused by fans buying a ticket and not showing up to the Bournemouth match, points should be scrapped for away cup games in the lower rounds.
Seems a shame if someone genuinely wants to go to this game and now can't buy a ticket.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Simple solution if we're really worried about buying points.

Instead of sending the away tickets out, the Albion state that they must be collected on the day of the game outside of the away game. You turn up with your email conformation and are given the ticket and a tick for attending.

If you don't collect the ticket, you don't get the points,

Downside is how early you need to get to the game to ensure entry.

This is how England operate away tickets at tournaments. Works very well but does require staffing on the day.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Rather than all the hysterical bedwetting, how about we cross this particular bridge when we come to it? I fully expect there to be full houses on both Friday and Tuesday night's in Bournemouth, and I am looking forward to both matches.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe if the points system is being abused by fans buying a ticket and not showing up to the Bournemouth match, points should be scrapped for away cup games in the lower rounds.
Seems a shame if someone genuinely wants to go to this game and now can't buy a ticket.

I think perhaps they've massively underestimated the demand for loyalty points. They've slapped 10 points on it thinking we'd struggle to sell our allocation, and completely not anticipated everyone thinking 10 points for £10 to get their points up is a bargain, especially given we were paying £40+ on a lot of away games, now capped at £30 - £10 for 10 extra points is a bargain. Club need to realise this is happening. Should have been 5 points same as the league game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here