Votes: 128 26.9%
  • 54+ (Brighton till I die)

Votes: 166 34.9%

• Total voters

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
Afternoon all,

I've been reading with a mix of interest, agreement and despair the various posts on here since the transfer window slammed shut.

I have a hunch that there is a correlation between age and strength of views on how well (or not) the club has done.

This is not intended to criticise any view. Those of us, like me, the wrong side of 40, will probably always use the War Years as our reference point for good and bad. Younger supporters may be more focused on the future.

I'm an infrequent poster on here but like to write the occasional Albion blog and would be interested in the poll results to see if there is something in my hunch.

Cheers

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I think it is evident from the style and quality of posts on all subjects that more than 90% of NSC users are 7 years old.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
fgfg.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
45-55 [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION]. I've met this true gentleman and he doesn't look a day over 30.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Afternoon all,

I've been reading with a mix of interest, agreement and despair the various posts on here since the transfer window slammed shut.

I have a hunch that there is a correlation between age and strength of views on how well (or not) the club has done.

This is not intended to criticise any view. Those of us, like me, the wrong side of 40, will probably always use the War Years as our reference point for good and bad. Younger supporters may be more focused on the future.

I'm an infrequent poster on here but like to write the occasional Albion blog and would be interested in the poll results to see if there is something in my hunch.

Cheers

I think you will be surprised by the results, as is already indicative from a small sample size thus far.

The first age bracket will far more likely use social media to vent/express their views. NSC is a lot of old timers, though you wouldn't know it from the posts at times.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The big 40 in a couple of months. Been supporting the Albion since the early 90's.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Nearly 60 years of watching the Albion - I am typical "glass less than half empty" moaningly pessimistic Brighton supporter who understands that even after all this time the pain doesn't get any better!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have just turned the big 3-0, Withdean is my reference point but I enjoyed (!) the two years at Priestfield as my Albion supporting debut. I am part of the "lost generation".

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'm 44, been a fan since my school took me to Brighton v Birmingham at the Goldstone on 13 September 1980. So I'm a few days from my 37 year anniversary.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here