Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mamadou Koné

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Apparently we've also signed another right back from Portugal in the last couple of days:

http://www.record.pt/futebol/futebo...one-deixa-benfica-e-assina-pelo-brighton.html

Mamadou Kone right let Benfica and signs for Brighton

Captain of the juveniles of the Eagles going to England

Mamadou Koné let Benfica to play for England. The captain right of juveniles of Eagles, 17 years, fired on social networks, thanking the eight years of your life to Eagle.

"When I knew I was going to represent the Sport Lisboa e Benfica knew that succeed would be very special moments for me. Were you aware of that would have to be my best at all times to signify that sweater. In this House I had the chance to grow as a man and as a player. Were 8 years of Eagle on his chest. Years of great joy, of enormous growth and evolution. It was an immense pride to be part of this great family! Thanks a lot to Benfica and all the people who helped me, directly or indirectly, during the process. #VIVAOBENFICA ", can be read in the message published on Instagram for young player who will be player of Brighton.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We do rather seem to be embarrassed to speak about our non-1st team players for some reason where other clubs celebrate them. Very odd.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We do rather seem to be embarrassed to speak about our non-1st team players for some reason where other clubs celebrate them. Very odd.

I think it might be a conscious decision. Relieve pressure from the kids coming in and keep their feet on the ground. Remember when we signed REAL MADRID'S BIGGEST STAR!!!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I know that the club like to keep transfer targets under the radar, but this is ridiculous!

Maybe the club have revised their policy for announcing development squad signings given their somewhat, er, hyped announcement when Jack Harper was signed:-

ALBION SIGN REAL MADRID STRIKER

But it is pretty poor that two players have been signed without a single word from the club; given that every first-team squad member and young pro/scholar gets named on the Premier League squad list, I don't think it is too much to expect the club to at least acknowledge these signings with their own fanbase.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I think he's been released? No sign of him on the club website and on TransferMarkt (admittedly not the most reliable source) he's showing as without club...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
.....never to be seen again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think he's been released? No sign of him on the club website and on TransferMarkt (admittedly not the most reliable source) he's showing as without club...

Yep, as per the Premier League free transfer list published early last month:-

Kone.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here