Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hooray!! It's Over!

el punal

The dreaded transfer window is now shut. Saint Whinger's day has been and gone. We can now concentrate on the important things about following the Albion, like . . . . the pies selling out, the Harvey's being off, the overzealous stewards, the queues for the park and ride buses, the lack of trains, the opera singer, Dick's Bar not allowing children, announcing the away attendance . . . . and anything else that gets your goat.

The football? Who cares? Still, only another four months to the next transfer window then we can all go over the top and get completely stressed out again. :drink:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I was fine about missing out on the striker, confident we could 'get on with it' then I just read PB's piece.....really got me down and made me wonder where the goals are going to come from.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The dreaded transfer window is now shut. Saint Whinger's day has been and gone.
It's been replaced by St Whinger's year.
NSC would come to a grinding halt if we had nothing to moan about. Can you imagine how crap it would be if the club got everything right, and we won every game?
It seemed alright here when the club got things right over the last two seasons.

Every time we drop points because of missed chances (so just about every game), we'll be talking about the **** up that was this transfer window.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's a more relaxed life now. No more wasted hours checking Argus and SSN. I've deleted SSN Transfer Centre (until Xmas) from bookmarks and I'll rarely listen to TalkShite.

Now to just watch and see what CH does with midfield and forwards we have. Other than strikers, we have the strongest squad for at least 34 years. Perhaps he'll pull something out of the hat on tactics / formation / selection?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Like a true northerner (which I'm not), I shall bloody well moan at who I want, how I want to and when I want to and if you don't like it then go to the nancy South where they never complain... oh

Wonder how many people put a northern accent on reading that

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just four months and another opens ...probably with a six week lead up time for discussing who we should sign :moo:
I'd suspect we'd be odds on to be in the bottom two come January and that means we're unlikely to sign quality players due to not knowing what division we'll be in.No way will we offer £13-14 million in January and the best bet is championship quality players.:thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd suspect we'd be odds on to be in the bottom two come January and that means we're unlikely to sign quality players due to not knowing what division we'll be in.No way will we offer £13-14 million in January and the best bet is championship quality players.:thumbsup:

I could have sworn that was a moan?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not necessarily as I'm happy to buy young quality players ready for the championship as let's be honest we will be going down :)

Let's be honest, we won't be going down and buying an Argie at 28 isn't young.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here