Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lay off a bet

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Do you let a bet ride or do you cash out as soon as you make a healthy profit?

I do all my betting in-shop but there have been so many times already this season that I'd take the money and run. I guess it evens itself out over a long period of time but it does feel like Deal Or No Deal with friends or punters on their smartphones at the weekend.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I know Ernest hates aftertiming but last night I needed Romania to beat Armenia to complete a treble. Armenia were down to ten men since the 54th minute. By some miracle, Romania scored in the 91st minute to break down the Armenians finally.

Sheer relief.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've currently got an even £1 with my brother-in-law that we finsh abover 'Udders. Wouldn't mind laying that off right now.

It's a long old season. Hull City got seven points from their first three games last year and look what happened to them.

Never give up on a bet mate.:)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I do all my betting in-shop but there have been so many times already this season that I'd take the money and run. I guess it evens itself out over a long period of time but it does feel like Deal Or No Deal with friends or punters on their smartphones at the weekend.

I wished I had layed my Brighton as Champions bet I had with 3 games to go. At that time I could have got £140 laying it off, or £150 if I let it ride and it came in. Letting it ride lost me £20 stake. So you can look on it as I was gambling £140, to win £10, which is a bet I would not normally make. Work out what the extra is by letting it ride, against what you could take now, and make your decision.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Simple don't bet with bookmakers. :shrug:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I wished I had layed my Brighton as Champions bet I had with 3 games to go. At that time I could have got £140 laying it off, or £150 if I let it ride and it came in. Letting it ride lost me £20 stake. So you can look on it as I was gambling £140, to win £10, which is a bet I would not normally make. Work out what the extra is by letting it ride, against what you could take now, and make your decision.

I think Newcastle were 9/1 to be champions at that point (not completely sure). I would have stuck a tenner on that if I was going to lay a bet but it looked so unlikely and stingy by the bookies. :down:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I think Newcastle were 9/1 to be champions at that point (not completely sure). I would have stuck a tenner on that if I was going to lay a bet but it looked so unlikely and stingy by the bookies. :down:

That's what I did, seemed unlikely at the time but worth losing £10 in case we completely imploded...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here