NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[tweet]903718320461008898[/tweet]

Hard to disagree with any of that tbh.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I certainly don't disagree. Just started a thread along similar lines about Skalak.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Completely agree with him.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
He's brill, isn't he?

But: is "supporting the team" always the same as "agreeing with the actions of the club"?

No. No it isn't. Heaven knows where we, Brighton and Hove Albion, would be if it were.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's brill, isn't he?

But: is "supporting the team" always the same as "agreeing with the actions of the club"?

No. No it isn't. Heaven knows where we, Brighton and Hove Albion, would be if it were.

Isn't that sort of the same as defending the, "fans of the team, customers of the club" comment which was panned?!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Brilliantly timed stiff upper German lip - hats off to the fella, can't help but admire him.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
All this confirms is that Uwe is a Northstand chat user.

Based on his use of the English language, I'm guessing he's Pretty Pink Fairy.

Given the resident fairy's previous handle I suspect not.....

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Isn't that sort of the same as defending the, "fans of the team, customers of the club" comment which was panned?!

I missed that - as I haven't been on here all that much lately.

I don't think I'm quite making that suggestion. I just feel that players should know that we will always support them on and off the pitch. Unhappiness about the odd thing the management of the club might do doesn't mean we support the players we have any less.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Model, professional Uwe is. He might not be our best center back but hes certainly committed to the cause and likable.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just goes to show that the moaning by people here has an effect on the players and probably those who are thinking of signing for us. We need to do better as a group as well.
It probably more the moaning on twitter which was worse than on NSC.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Just goes to show that the moaning by people here has an effect on the players and probably those who are thinking of signing for us. We need to do better as a group as well.

Do you honestly believe there's been potential signings who've popped onto NSC, read what the fans think and then decided not to sign?

I'd be very surprised.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Brighton fans are free thinkers and will always question and challenge the club and its administrators. I'm sure Tony Bloom wouldn't have it any other way.

This doesn't mean we won't support the players any less than we always do!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Either way, we need to recognise that our behaviour and support of players has an impact on who we can sign. We then need to do our bit to encourage them by supporting the current lot and not simply writing them off as soon as we went up and giving them time to settle before ranting about them being shit.
I agree. Some of the internet assassination of a handful of our players has got a lot worse recently.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here