Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lay off Tomer

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
He is our only fit first team striker, he accepted being second fiddle last season but chipped in with an invalueable goal tally, he never gives u.p, if the ball is bouncing around in the box, he's in with a chance, he's strong, can score from headers and is skilful on the ball. Some on here think he can play against three central defenders on his own and make an impact.

So for all the knockers on here, you need to get real and get behind him, because at the moment he is holding the line for us and bearing a great responsibility. Its apparent he's the only first team striker we have that is fit, we're all in this together (to coin a phrase) so please make the effort to support him as we all try to find out feet in the Premier League. Three points from West brom will be a great start!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I would be extremely surprised, and very disappointed if anyone actually felt like Tomer was in any way the person to be venting their frustrations at. We all know he's our only striker and I'm hopeful everyone will give him their full support, as with the rest of the squad.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The reality is we'll all support him come our games. But he should've been upgraded and he's done nothing over the last two years or the start of this season to suggest he'll be even an average Premier League striker. For me personally, I find it absolutely shocking that he's our starting striker in this division.

That said, I hope he proves me wrong. After all, we kinda need him to if we're to stand any chance of staying up.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anyone singling him out for abuse, say we're scoring yet another blank, is a fool.

He always plays his best, is a great team player and works his socks off.

Should goals not come his way, that would be a result of him playing against defenders that much better than him.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I didn't realise people were slagging him off. Would be a very good 3rd or 4th striking option. Which is no mean feat and makes him a very good player. But we all know he is second fiddle to Murray. Who would also be a good 3rd choice striker. ...I honestly belive with a quality striker, we would ruffle a few feathers and stay up comfortably. Without we are going to struggle big time. The biggest single mistake was signing Ryan. The loan signing of Krul because Ryan is shite, stopped us even getting a loan striker. Ryan may have cost £6m and could end up costing us £200m if we go down. Didn't no one scout him and realise he can't hold a football shot at him?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He is our only fit first team striker, he accepted being second fiddle last season but chipped in with an invalueable goal tally, he never gives u.p, if the ball is bouncing around in the box, he's in with a chance, he's strong, can score from headers and is skilful on the ball. Some on here think he can play against three central defenders on his own and make an impact.

So for all the knockers on here, you need to get real and get behind him, because at the moment he is holding the line for us and bearing a great responsibility. Its apparent he's the only first team striker we have that is fit, we're all in this together (to coin a phrase) so please make the effort to support him as we all try to find out feet in the Premier League. Three points from West brom will be a great start!

I agree but people are perfectly entitled to air their views on players/the club/chairman etc.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have nothing personally against Hemed but he isn't up to this level - simple, he tries hard but he's very limited

This for me. Not good enough and i'm disappointed he is leading the line. However when it comes to match day i'll support and sing his name.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I didn't realise people were slagging him off. Would be a very good 3rd or 4th striking option. Which is no mean feat and makes him a very good player. But we all know he is second fiddle to Murray. Who would also be a good 3rd choice striker. ...I honestly belive with a quality striker, we would ruffle a few feathers and stay up comfortably. Without we are going to struggle big time. The biggest single mistake was signing Ryan. The loan signing of Krul because Ryan is shite, stopped us even getting a loan striker. Ryan may have cost £6m and could end up costing us £200m if we go down. Didn't no one scout him and realise he can't hold a football shot at him?

This, especially points on Murray n Hemed - backup options but simply not up to Prem level week in week out, and jury very much out on Ryan who is now under huge pressure or he'll be on the bench

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
More importantly where is Hemed's mentality now. He could be deflated that he knew he was going out on loan so not seen to be good enough. Or he could be buoyant that we couldn't get anyone else and he has a chance to prove himself. I think he is probably professional enough to understand the situation and hope he can step up and deliver now we need him to

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
More importantly where is Hemed's mentality now. He could be deflated that he knew he was going out on loan so not seen to be good enough. Or he could be buoyant that we couldn't get anyone else and he has a chance to prove himself. I think he is probably professional enough to understand the situation and hope he can step up and deliver now we need him to

Or his best mate Kayal getting a new contract and pay rise while nothing for him and in his final year.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Another major worry is are our younger strikers really so poor, that not 1 is good enough to even get on bench, when we have 1 fit striker?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

He is arrogant and proud. He will love being top dog and will get a few goals

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have nothing personally against Hemed but he isn't up to this level - simple, he tries hard but he's very limited

That's the truth.

But he is ours. He chose to come here, not too many can say that after this window!

He's got a point to prove, and he's got the time to do it. He's no longer playing with uncertainty, he KNOWS he's the man. It's up to Tomer, Tomer Tomer, Tomer Tomer, Tomer HEMED.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think he'll take any time where he is our only apparent option as an opportunity. Doesn't strike me as a sulker. Hope he bags a few for us

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here