Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points do we need by 1 January

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
We will have played 22 games by 1 January. If we get a new striker then we may have a chance if we have enough points. How many do we need?

In the last four years the lowest total from a team that stayed up was Palace with 16. The highest number of points for a team that went down was Norwich (2015-16) with 23

I think 18 points would leave us with a fair chance if we stay fit and strengthen up front in January.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
As many as we can.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I had a look at this before lunch, and reckon we should be aiming at:
6 in September
3 in October
6 in November, and
6 in December
Or there or thereabouts, which will leave us with 22 points (including August's 1). [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] is right to state we have an awful run-in, but if we can get up to that level, the calibre of forward we can attract in January will be that much better, and it might be enough to see us over the line somewhere between 36 and 40 points.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Somewhere on here before the season started, somebody put together a list of targeted points game-by-game to get us to the target of 40 - based very simply I think on losing every game against the top 9, then drawing away at 10-19 and winning at home v 10-19.

I remember it predicted one point from the first three games (and international break bedwetting), then a storming run over the next few months leaving us dreaming of Europe, ending (obviously) with 40 points.

The problem is I can't remember who did it, or what they called it :facepalm:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Somewhere on here before the season started, somebody put together a list of targeted points game-by-game to get us to the target of 40 - based very simply I think on losing every game against the top 9, then drawing away at 10-19 and winning at home v 10-19.

I remember it predicted one point from the first three games (and international break bedwetting), then a storming run over the next few months leaving us dreaming of Europe, ending (obviously) with 40 points.

The problem is I can't remember who did it, or what they called it :facepalm:

In a different group, somebody has devised a similar chart, by grouping teams into three categories, and comparing fixtures against teams in each of those. It has us with a slow start, but picking up swiftly throughout 2017 in order to stay out the relegation zone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another one would be nice, but I'll not hold my breath.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Knowing how hard the last 10 games are, we need to have 20 points come January 1st. We can't have the mid-season wobble a couple of years ago, it's imperative that we at game 28, we have 30 points. That is ambitious, but you have to be if you want to survive in this league.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I've got us on 22 points on Jan 1st
With a total of 38, which leaves us touch and go for survival
Did have us down on record on nsc somewhere as 44 points 15th place, after deadline day ive recalculated
Had us down for 1 point from from first 3 games, so on the right track :)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If we want to sign any kind of quality then above the bottom 3.If we're in the bottom 3 we will not splash hardly anything as players want long contracts and we'll be heading down so January to be frank is pointless unless you have a very very good chance of staying up.

This window just gone was our only realistic hope and it's gone :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here