Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Praise in public, punish in private

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
This is what works well in management. And I think Tony Bloom's open letter says it all. We are all disappointed, and there is scant veiled praise.

I have it on good authority that there was a colossal blazing row at 1am last night. I was in the boardroom on the day TB had his blazing row with Burke, after the home defeat to Millwall. It was Burke's last home game. And immediately before Sami's departure. TB took Burke out into the trophy ante room, which is sealed both ends if you know it, and then tore him apart. It was blistering. If the same happened last night, PB will be wearing some deep felt pain this morning, and quite right. But fair play to TB for keeping good decorum on external comms this morning.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Doesn't sound pleasant :nono:

Barber's not for the bin is he ?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Time will tell. If someone moves on within the next 4 weeks by mutual consent then I reckon we'll know what's really happened.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Think about it. If the window had been anything like a decent outcome, Barber would have had his spin machine going through the night, weaving out congratulatory communications.

But he's had the pen taken off him after the blazing row. The comms have Ben done by someone else. Someone who realises this a colossal cock up, someone who realises how the fans will feel, and has taken the situation into his own control.

Weaved into hismopen letter, TB implies that PW did a thorough preparatory job on targets, thereby implying that the real cataclysmic failure came later down the chain, and without naming PB (and to an extent CH) that is precisely where he aimed both barrels last night.

How's this for an inside fact, we were offered Niasse on loan, weeks ago, but we turned it down, because in our arrogance we thought we could do much much better. But we forgot one thing, we are a basement PL Club, strikers will (and did last night) view it as a strikers graveyard. So we arrogantly aimed too high, unlike humble HTFC, and ended up with a blazing row and, after 4 years of superb preparatory work, we now face 4 months of pretty grim challenge on the pitch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here