Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Despite the disappointment, I'm not convince Janssen was the answer.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Sure, Brighton are light up front and loosing a singing so close is frustrating. With a player failing his medical and many others (reportedly) rejecting us, Janssen to me appeared a last option panic buy becuase other targets failed. He is expensive and offers little value. For Spurs last season he played 845 premier league minutes and had a shots-to-goal conversion rate of 7%. The players behind him (Alli and Erikssen) are bloody good at providing good chances, and he needed a lot of them. He's better than what we got, but worth the quoted £23M? I don't think so.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I watched a video of him at about 11.30 last night and tried very hard to believe he would be our salvation. I still think a young striker, already playing for the Dutch national team and with a point to prove in the Premier League, is an option not to be sniffed at when other avenues have led to dead ends. I woke up hoping he had signed.

We move on. I suspect there's better value for money out there, if we can land the right deal in January. No guarantees though, as we have seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here