Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do heads need to roll in the recruitment team?

Should heads roll in the recruitment team?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on, it was only a matter of time and it needs a poll to gauge the thoughts of NSC, no fence option either!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No. Stop being such precious little snowflakes. We've brought in seven new players we need to bed in - more than half a team. Let's just get on with it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No. Stop being such precious little snowflakes. We've brought in seven new players we need to bed in - more than half a team. Let's just get on with it.

Are you covering for [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] this morning :lolol:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Because we all have such a detailed insider knowledge of how the recruitment team operates, and the constraints in which they work, and are eminently well placed to pronounce on the careers of people we haven't met and don't know.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Of course they do, they've failed, end of.

If you performed poorly with a certain task in your job you'd expect to at least be called into the office and asked a question as to why wouldn't you?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I posted elsewhere - surely it depends on where responsibilities lie, and I don't have enough visibility of that myself.

But if the recruitment team's job ends with handing over of a list of players that fit the club's remit, then I'm not sure how they have much blame at all, as the failings will have happened when the nitty gritty of commercial negotiations with club and/or player happened.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

If you performed poorly with a certain task in your job you'd expect to at least be called into the office and asked a question as to why wouldn't you?

And get the sack, because an internet poll by fans said so.

As someone else said, the recruitment team and scouts identify the players along with Chris, not the actual negotiating of contracts.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Then thats not the sack is it.....i'd be very surprised if they didn't review those efforts ...but thats not the same as heads rolling

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Because we all have such a detailed insider knowledge of how the recruitment team operates, and the constraints in which they work, and are eminently well placed to pronounce on the careers of people we haven't met and don't know.

My take is that it was very very clear from the moment that we were promoted that we were light up front both in numbers and quality and we should have recruited at least one striker even if he was no better than what we have so that at least we had options should more than one of the three we had got injured. It was a massive failing not to even cover that base imo . I can understand how we failed to get in a world class striker. To have ended up after two games with one striker is just incompetent imo. Surely the recruitment team have to take responsibility??

Feel free to disagree but I am not comfortable putting this down to "shit happens" in an outfit that prides itself on it's efficiency and covering all bases.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
No but the clubs transfer policy need to be reviewed and actually how the whole system works. How many transfers are scuppered by greedy agents. Window needs to close on the eve of the season. The January window can be even trickier and if we are in crisis it will be even more difficult to attract the caliber of striker we want. All in all, it has been so frustrating but our defensive buys yesterday which obviously were overlooked in the frenzy were pretty astute. As fans we need to be optimistic and enjoy this season or there is no point supporting this club, you might as well support Real Madrid or Chelsea where the success return is much higher.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

thats all very nice, however we've been light upfront for some time and now that we've a couple of injuries this is shown to be a false economy. individually Murray, Hemed or Baldock are good players, the fact that is all we have when deploying 4-4-2 is a significant problem, add in that Baldock seems injury prone and Murray is no stranger to the physio, means we've really ballsed up. i hope Tilley will be given chances now, the only good thing that can come of the situation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here