Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs we must look to finish above

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I went to bed in the early hours wondering which clubs we have to hope we can finish above, and this is my conclusion:

Happily, Newcastle are a mess. We HAVE to finish above them if we are going to stay up. Ashley wants out so they won't be jizzing more money in January either.

Huddersfield are not a mess. Annoyingly, their new guys have started well. But I'm hopeful that it will all turn to sht soon enough. It is critical that overhaul that six point head start they have on us as quickly as possible because if we don't, we won't attract a Premier league standard striker in January.

Burnley's business hasn't looked all that clever but crucially Ashley Barnes didn't go, so they do have more than enough cover up top. We have to be looking to finish above them, to be honest.

I don't see Swansea featuring in any relegation battle after their two signings yesterday that wouldn't look out of place at a team challenging for a Europa league spot. Stoke look too good and West Brom far too strong for us.

So if any of the three teams I mention have a good season, we have to finish above one of West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth and the Nigels, and I don't see us finishing above West Ham or Bournemouth really as both clubs have goalscorers we can only dream of.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Lolololololololol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]sorry now let me think three teams we can finish above with our squad 🤣🤣🤣[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]sorry I just can't think for laughing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lolololololololol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]sorry now let me think three teams we can finish above with our squad 🤣🤣🤣[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]sorry I just can't think for laughing

Ok you can fck off to Palace then and we'll call you in May. We are all pissed off at our striker situation but everywhere else on the pitch we are competitive.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Palace are a shambles. West Ham look shit under Bilic. Bournemouth bubble will burst. We looked better than Watford even before the red card. Swansea don't scare me, Newcastle off the field are a mess, on not much better. All the others who finished below 6th last year are beatable. And even Arsenal look shit so far. Funnily enough I don't think Huddersfield or Burnley will be in the relegation mix though.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ok you can fck off to Palace then and we'll call you in May. We are all pissed off at our striker situation but everywhere else on the pitch we are competitive.

We are undeniably weakest upfront, the most important area in the PL. We don't have enough drive in midfield and there is too much pressure on the wide-men because of lack of creativity elsewhere. Our number 1 keeper has yet to prove himself and we have worries ( defensively ) down our left side. Pressure will create mistakes at the back, however well we defend and we are always going to concede at this level. With current resources, we simply won't score the 40 odd goals needed for survival.
p.s I'll call you in May.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Still not enough to win games . Out of interest what three teams do u think we will finish above .as for midfield can't remember the last game Stephens played well and I go most weeks home and away ,gross and proper look average at best

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The bookies think it will be 3 from 9 - here are the best price relegation odds:

Albion: 5/4 (Favourites) :down:
Burnley 13/8
The Nigels 15/8
Huddersfield 2/1
Swansea 9/4
Bumfluff 13/5
Newcastle 4/1
West Ham 4/1
Watford 9/2

9/1 bar

Last edited:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I went to bed in the early hours wondering which clubs we have to hope we can finish above, and this is my conclusion:

Happily, Newcastle are a mess. We HAVE to finish above them if we are going to stay up. Ashley wants out so they won't be jizzing more money in January either.

Huddersfield are not a mess. Annoyingly, their new guys have started well. But I'm hopeful that it will all turn to sht soon enough. It is critical that overhaul that six point head start they have on us as quickly as possible because if we don't, we won't attract a Premier league standard striker in January.

Burnley's business hasn't looked all that clever but crucially Ashley Barnes didn't go, so they do have more than enough cover up top. We have to be looking to finish above them, to be honest.

I don't see Swansea featuring in any relegation battle after their two signings yesterday that wouldn't look out of place at a team challenging for a Europa league spot. Stoke look too good and West Brom far too strong for us.

So if any of the three teams I mention have a good season, we have to finish above one of West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth and the Nigels, and I don't see us finishing above West Ham or Bournemouth really as both clubs have goalscorers we can only dream of.

Huddersfield are going to finish mid-table.
Sorry but it will be Palace, West Ham, Watford and Us in the fight. We will go down, we have not got the fire power to survive

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Oi!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Huddersfield are going to finish mid-table.
Sorry but it will be Palace, West Ham, Watford and Us in the fight. We will go down, we have not got the fire power to survive

Huddersfield will not finish any higher than 14th IMO. Their start flatters them (they've done well but their fixtures have been kind). I reckon they will do what Blackpool did in their only season at this level - 7 points from their first 3 games, and they were outside the relegation zone nearly all season but they gradually slid down the table and were relegated on the final day. Huddersfield might stay up, but mid-table is laughable.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
We need to finish above Newcastle (we will) Palace (we might well) and Watford (we won't)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Hopefully a big club, say Spurs, will play a massively weakened side against us towards the end of the season, and we pick up the 3 points that send Huddersfield down instead of us. I wonder if that Huddersfield gobshite will come on here to tell a pack of lies to suggest why this was perfectly reasonable behaviour from Spurs?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would have thought, West Ham will pull away and palace will get it right...they have too many decent players not to.

I said when we went up our mini league was. Us, burnley Watford, Newcastle and Huddersfield. Town have started well, but they are the only ones so far, but that was due to Wagner's skill at recruitment and knowing exactly what he wanted.

The West Brom game will be a monster game and will show us exactly where we are and what our expectations should be. Home games we have to win and nick points away like Watford to hope to stay in this circus.

I am not convinced we will stay in the circus, but I just hope we give it a bloody good go. What we don't want to do, which is easy is to do a Portsmouth or Leeds and splash out on useless overpriced mercenaries who kiss the badge and take the dollar!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hopefully a big club, say Spurs, will play a massively weakened side against us towards the end of the season, and we pick up the 3 points that send Huddersfield down instead of us. I wonder if that Huddersfield gobshite will come on here to tell a pack of lies to suggest why this was perfectly reasonable behaviour from Spurs?

Such bitterness Simeon...I haven't seen this side of you before

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here