Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A list of defenders who successfully became strikers...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Adam Virgo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thread that hits the final depressing nail into a plywood coffin.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I'll start with Chris Sutton

You should refine the title to a list of players from other positions who successfully became strikers. Then you might have a thread on your hands.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Actually i reckon Dunk is a closet striker he just hasn't asked to play up front yet , won't be long now .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Dion Dublin

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Actually i reckon Dunk is a closet striker he just hasn't asked to play up front yet , won't be long now .

He's done it a few times toward the end of games, not sure up to what age groups he was playing up front as a youth player, but I'm pretty sure he was a forward for a while but slowly converted to centre back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's done it a few times toward the end of games, not sure up to what age groups he was playing up front as a youth player, but I'm pretty sure he was a forward for a while but slowly converted to centre back.

Correct. He moved back in the configuration over the years as he got slower as he got older.

He'll be in goal in a few seasons.

On a serious note, the club never expected to sigh two strikers for 15-25 million who would score 25 goals a piece. Who TF do we think we are? The plan was to expect more than half our goals to come from other players. So our nippy ones will be expected to step up.

We have had 5 proper talismanic strikers since I started watching the Albion

Alex Dawson
Fred Binny
Peter Ward
Bobby Zamora
Glenn Murray

The legends were made in the lower leagues.

Kane
Lukaku
Sanchez
Aguero
Costa

The only players to score over 20 league goals in the PL last season. And we seriously expeted to buy a 20 goal a season man to save us?

No - it will be a team effort, so lots of our players will have to learn to score more easily and more often. That means that midfielders will become goalscorers. 'Lampardified' (although I just noticed that word contains th letters l.a.r.d :lolol:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here