Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheick Diabate

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Don't get me wrong, this is complete and utter desperation and I don't expect the suggestion to go down well, but given we have 1 fit first team striker currently surely we could do worse than sign free agent Cheick Diabate? Scored 8 goals in 14 games in Ligue 1 since the start of the year with Metz.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why not turn José Izquierdo from a winger into a Centre Forward? He is fast, strong and knows where the goal is.

A front four of Gross, Solly, Knockaert (could also do a job?) and Jose would be decent.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Don't get me wrong, this is complete and utter desperation and I don't expect the suggestion to go down well, but given we have 1 fit first team striker currently surely we could do worse than sign free agent Cheick Diabate? Scored 8 goals in 14 games in Ligue 1 since the start of the year with Metz.

I'd take him if his wage isn't too high. We need some kind of back up for Hemed lest we find ourselves having to play Dunk up front! :lolol:

Question is......Did he get a French passport while playing in France? Most statty websites don't list it even though he appears to have lived in France long enough to get one.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I'd take him if his wage isn't too high. We need some kind of back up for Hemed lest we find ourselves having to play Dunk up front! :lolol:

Question is......Did he get a French passport while playing in France? Most statty websites don't list it even though he appears to have lived in France long enough to get one.

I presume he would have a passport as he looks to have played there for about 8 years although you're right can't see anything definitive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here